Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Stunt Saber for Filming

Default Stunt Saber for Filming

Was wondering if the MHS would work for using carbon fiber rods, aluminum rods, or even wooden dowel rods? I dont want to use my LED hilts for this project, seeing as we would be going full speed and adding lights and sound in post production. I would assume it would work. But will the saber still have a decent balance stunt blade to hilt ratio?

The beautiful thing about a hollow hilt is that you can pretty much adjust the balance however you like. Just add weights to the inside. Adding weights closer to the emitter will allow you to increase the overall weight while only slightly altering the balance. Adding weights to the pommel end allows you to make greater changes to the balance while only slightly increasing it's overall weight.

Yep, MHS hilts will work fine. I suggest you use a choke point in your hilts if they are not going to get a lot of up close screen time, it will make for better handling.
    As for keeping your blades in, the carbon fibre rods I know of are 1/2", so you might need to find/fabricate some sort of adapter, or use some long screws going through the rods.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Also I know this is a TCSS forum, but is Randomsaber.com any good/still in business?

Ryan is still there. He still does the blades so yeah, you could easily get one from him, I also think he does 1" metal adapters for them too.

"You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The carbon fiber blades from Random used to come with a 3/4" adapter on them. I don't know what they are like now.

A couple of my friends have them and use them in their old EL sabers. Those blades are nice, they feel like they weigh nothing.

But it does hurt to get hit with them, being only 1/2".
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

He does do 1" adapters, because he started making more LED style sabers.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I figured as much. But I haven't been to that website for probably a couple years.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

I have been to the randomsaber.com and it seems like he is taking a long break slash/decision making leave or at least thats what it says on the front page. Was wondering if anybody heard to the contrary.

That notice has been up for years now. I doubt he will ever really get back in the business, but he still sells all the accessories.