Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: MHS ribbed section size

Doh! Dang! Dag-Nab-It! I'm a Dum_Bass, shopping for my parts I thought I matched everything up to create my "perfect" hilt only to find out that I missed the fact that I need a female-female part[] I am on the list for a straight f-f adapter.

Man, I looked at those pics and had myself convinced it would all work. Oh Well, put that hilt on hold and let's move on to the next project.

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes. I will do what I must." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Firebird21

My advide would be to mask off the threads and paint the whole thing. When you're done, sand the paint off the outer portion of the ribbs. It will be a perfect line.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Mine is a straight line... Well, it was... It has some slight imperfections now.

I think that no matter what you do, the paint will chip slightly on the edges. Reason being, its a fairly definite edge and thats the grip that you will be using for spins and such. Theres not really any getting around it, paint just chips after time and use. []

Even if you put the ribbed section on the bottom, you'd still be touching it alot. I don't think that theres much that can be done about paint chipping/wearing on a piece like this.

Don't get me wrong though guys... Its VERY slight, almost unnoticable. I was just getting at the point that it might be easier to save the work of masking, sanding, and polishing.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Wait until I can anodize it and then machine off the outer layer..That will solve all of those problems.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

MMMMMMM.......anodized..........(drool)[]

tim beat me to it, that was my suggestion, anodizing it.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

devilstar2k2 i always wanted to see someone paint tims ribbed grip thanks so much.it may be prototype but it looks sweet, awseome saber by the way[]

RYAN MALETICH

anodizing would be a good idea.i have a gas powered car that has an anodized chasis in matallic blue it looks great.i say go for it[]

RYAN MALETICH

That saber got scrapped (sort of)... Its too long for my taste...

I took the ribbed part off, and ordered a new set of internals for a new ribbed saber. I'll be using the Obi-Wan emitter, the new 3 inch switch section, and 2.5 inch extension. Also, I ordered another tapered pommel, and got another one of the 'Build Your Own' switch boxes.

Should make for a super MHS Luke style saber, as well as my son will get to hold onto his padawan saber without me always having to pull the ribbed part off.

But thanks for the compliment just the same. []

So the OD is the same right? What about the ID? My 2nd design I want to do is kind of Qui Gon inspired, so its mainly ribbed. I was just wondering if the ID was big enough to support a battery pack etc.

B