Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hasbro FX sabers

DON'T

get me started about that single clash thing. You guys know me on that one... GRRRRR

Seriously.

I did my 1st kids b-day with a saber of that sort (1-clash vader)... and THAT WAS THE END OF MY SANITY. I'm DEAD f'in serious... try listening to that for an entire hour and see how well-done YOUR brainburger becomes... lol
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

I thought they said a dooku was impossible or sumthing along those lines. and i sure hope they make them like master replica did "look wise"

Well I took apart one of the Hasbro Force FX Obi-Wan hilts. It is definately different than the Master Replicas version that is pictured in the conversion tut. All the electronics appears to be the same but are housed differently. This includes the way the shock sensor is housed in the blade.

They used some sort of glue on the emitter threads and the only way I could get it off was to clamp the hilt in a vise and use channel lock pliers on the emitter. Needless to say this messed up the emitter a bit. Fortunately for me I don't need the hilt, only the electronics inside.

The shock sensor now has it's own housing that slides into the blade. This housing is held in the blade with a pin that only goes halfway through. There is no hole on the other side and the pin is flush with the blade. You do the math on that one.

When I took apart the Hasbro Vader FX saber about a week ago, it was much easier to disassemble. However they did glue the threads on the sliver thumb screw furthest from the emitter end . As such, I messed it up a bit as well.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

It took me a while to find this image but I do beleave that yoda of fxs made the render.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Looks great, minus the text all over it. :P

That is a really nice render Hasid.. thanks for posting it Hopefully if it does get done, it will be done as nicely as Yoda has layed it out

Unlikely, but hopefully.

And are you SURE that Yoda over at FX Sabers did the render..

by the looks of that render it seems he has left no room for resonance. the batteries fill it all up.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

The speaker could be placed nearer to the mid-point inside the hilt, and there would then be plenty of resonance room. Holes would have to be drilled into the hilt sides, but that would look COOL on that type of hilt, especially with the overlay parts.

And yes, I do believe that is something Yoda (Michael) made from FX-sabers. His work is top notch, precise, and innovative to boot.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sairon View Post
    by the looks of that render it seems he has left no room for resonance. the batteries fill it all up.
    but it's the same design they have been makeing (not that it's good) but, I digres. If they make it, SWEET! If not, Oh well.

BLUE 3- Ready