Thread: on and off swich help

Default on and off swich help

guys i am very very sorry if this is a silly question and if im not doing enough investagation but is it possible to us a grafix clamp as a on/off swich and how do you do it?

thanks swear000 but if its not to much to ask but could post sum pictures thanks again
    Last edited by darth chaos; 11-09-2008 at 05:43 PM.

Default yes

yes it is possible. There are several ways of doing it. It depends on what type of switch you will use.

Some people use the plastic LED bubble cover. They drill a hole in one of the bubble and run it to a long post that pushes a micro tactile switch.

**note**
    You can also run LEDs under the bubbles using the same principle. You will most likely have to drill a hole in the hilt under the clamp to run wires. Plan everything carefully before you do so you don't run into problems later.

Another option for a switch is mounting the switch on the activator box. This is not as streamlined.

TCSS recently got these:
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Black-Card-P350.aspx
    They have holes in them that you can build electronics into. I am currently researching options for it but it will probably work by having a floating metal plate come in contact with the contacts on the base plates. It should allow for 13 switches.

Lastly, you could mount a regular switch under it and then attach a card to it so that when you slide the card, it slides the switch. The card will probably have to be smaller than the length of the clamp to eliminate overhang.

All possibilities would probably require some modding so it is good that you are gathering as much information as possible.

Take a look at this for ideas:
    http://www.bpesolutions.com/bpemanuals/pizosw.pdf

I actually have a tail question to this one, I couldn't really find it in a search...

But whats the difference between an MPP clamp and the GRAFLEX clamp? If any

The graflex one is a bit longer (7 calculator bubbles long as opposed to 6) has little notches/tabs on it that were originally for connecting the two halves of the flash gun. The clamp top parts practically touch when closed (as opposed to the MPP where you have more room). What else.. the MPP clamp is black, the graflex one says graflex on it...
    That's all pretty obvious from the pictures. I've only owned an MPP clamp so I haven't compared them in person. I guess its all down to aesthetics and personal preferences.
    I'm not anti-social, society is anti me

Saber-carying member of the FSM,
    Barfly at the Intergalactic Kegger