Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: IVE HAD IT WITH THAT POS CAR! Rant inside, ignore if you wish.

Default IVE HAD IT WITH THAT POS CAR! Rant inside, ignore if you wish.

So here I am its like almost 2 am Iam coming home from a friends house, and I travel about the range of 10 miles and my car dies on me.

I went thru one town that's on the road I look down and notice my dash lights dimmed down. Ok nothing new I adjust my lights with the switch like always but this time nothing happens, I look over and my check engine light comes on, and then Iam like WTF now!

So I get thru the town(pritty small town) and I notice a lose in power and my oil presure light comes on. Now if you know anything about cars then if that light comes on something is really wrong. I thought great I killed the motor some how.

But no for some odd reasion the car kept running, usually when that light comes on its cause the car shut itself off cause there was no power left in the battery to keep it running. Well for some odd occurance the car kept running so to keep from something worse off happening I shut the car off and coast to the shoulder.

I try to start it and I get one err like its tryign to start but nothings happening.

So I shut everything off and turn the 4ways on and get out, Kick the door hard, I see lights comming over the hill and Iam in the middel of the lain for my side and I nearly jump out in front of the guy to stop him otherwise he would of kept going.

So I use his phone to get a ride home and now here I am with a pos car that is about 20 or so miles from me and by the time I have it towed home its going to have a sticker on it saying move it or it gets towed for you.

So yeah I have no money to fix the thing, I cant get a job cause the reliablity of that car sucks worse than a hooker bot on the first of the month payday. So I cant get money to get a better car.

In general IAM ****ED!
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Default Don't panic

Don't panic man. Everything is gonna be just fine. In the olden days we used to have this problem and not have computers. Now, you can look almost anything up on-line (including how to work on cars, how to get jobs, everything!). Two very important things to remember are cleaning and organization.

My old dodge did the exact same thing once. Come to find out the main ground on the altenator had rotted apart, so no charging the battery. check out the altenator and if it is seperate the voltage regulator.
    Eventually you figure it out

A good start to answers to your first questions =http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=6430
    The road to knowledge lies in reading

Hasid if you dont mind answering. how much is insurance $ a year on your car?

I have no clue I dont pay for it, is not my car but IAm sure its expencive cause of some stupid ****.

Sorry to hear about the car dude. it's a really crappy feeling when your car goes bang and you don't know what it is. It's hard to find a decent mechanic who you can trust, so they don't fleece you. hope it all comes good for you.

Well the thing is I would fix it but its not my car, When I got it I pumped 400$ into it and its still a pos, I stopted putting money into it except at the pump.

Hasid, if it's not your car why did you pump $$ into it..just confused a bit there...
    Momma in law: If this printer keeps printing the same thing I'm going to spit nickles!

Me: if you start spitting nickles I'm coming over with a bucket!

Cause its my mothers car and inorder for me to drive it I had to pump over 400$ into the brakes to make it near road worthy.

Default trade

cars are something that will always depreciate in value. They loose a lot of value the first year. So, most people buy a car that is one or two years old. With a old beater car, it is sometimes best to take it to a dealership that has a trade-in program and use the money towards a better car. Most people get Honda or Toyota for reliability. They have a very solid engine and will last a long time. I personally think that most people should bike because it is good exercise and the cost of maintaining a bike is less. However, the distance you have to travel to work is also important. Not to mention that bikes get stolen. So, you gotta weigh out all the options and choose the solution that works best for you.