Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MHS build from the builder, looking for some input.

Default MHS build from the builder, looking for some input.

Heeeyyy everyone

So, I made this up after studying the Mace Windu saber. I wanted something that kind of looked elegant, looked almost flowing and had a nice feel.

However! It looks kinda empty to me... like it's missing something. I mean a saber doesn't need to be decked out... some of the best are the best because of their simplicity. It's the subtleties that make them work, and I mean if these are based on a real saber, which I'd like it to be, they have "x" amount of nobs or buttons they need. IIRC, there is one for blade length adjustment, power adjustment, and the on/off, so... three.

Any ideas, suggestions, creative inputs?? Maybe just some color would do it?? I dunno, it's why I ask! A slider switch look good? Perhaps a button? I'd really like to know what you guys think could enhance it in any way. And just so you know they both come out to about 13" in length, a little more on the second on.

So heres the build, in a couple renditions:

and this one, which I thought looked more tradiitonal

P.S. As I was playing in the builder, what exactly are the long sink tubes for?
    Last edited by NewberL337; 11-05-2008 at 05:41 PM.

first off I love the first concept. It looks great the way it is keep the colors u have going it's got the mace color down I think. Can't wait to see it complete and as for thesinktube it's for pol who would to see sink tube concepts.
    "There are no Jedi who cannot be Seduced! With time they will all Fall. Do not underestimate the Temptations of the Dark Side!"

+LordBane+

Default sink

sink tubes can be nice covers or shrouds. They can also be used when making a multi-layer saber which actually looks good most of the time. The bottom saber is really nice. I like the middle one as well. You could probably add some gold screws or an overlay from a brass sinktube. I saw in one of Jay-Gons builds that he used beveled washers with round head screws. The result was very nice and would work well with your proposed designs.

Quote Originally Posted by swear000 View Post
    sink tubes can be nice covers or shrouds. They can also be used when making a multi-layer saber which actually looks good most of the time. The bottom saber is really nice. I like the middle one as well. You could probably add some gold screws or an overlay from a brass sinktube. I saw in one of Jay-Gons builds that he used beveled washers with round head screws. The result was very nice and would work well with your proposed designs.
    Reeeally. Any idea where I could find this saber of his?

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

check the galleries or posts started by Jay-gon-Jinn

BLUE 3- Ready

if Tim still has them in the works, there is a nice blade holder coming soon that would look great in design number 2. http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=5481

Yup...that's the one...it's not that nice looking anymore, though...it's seen some use since those pics were taken.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Are those just painted finishing washers?

Quote Originally Posted by B5813 View Post
    Are those just painted finishing washers?
    And where do you get them?