Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TCSS Premium speaker details

Default TCSS Premium speaker details

im looking to upgrade my speaker (once i get cought up on bills) and
    was looking at the one on TCSS

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Pr...aker--P77.aspx

and noticed it didn't have too much detail other then the size 1.1 inches
    was wanting to know if anyone konws how much ohms this thing has

from Novastars review its a decent speaker and its size doesn't effect its quality. but im also looking for something that will pump out the sound and for a reasonable price. i found this

http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a...SPEAKER/1.html

cheaper but that shipping makes ether one not worth it. hows the ones at radio shack? any suggestions on local source for a decent speaker?
    ---------------------------------------------------
    best blaster refracting emitter... 450 Imperial Credits
    custom quadrinineum crystal... 1020 Imperial Credits
    droxsus catheum power cell... 400 Imperial Credits

knowing you just built the most awesome saber... priceless. there are some things money can't buy for everything else. there's the Master Imperial Credit card.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

The ones Tim sells are the best yet found for saber usage. Novastar sourced them and now Tim, Alex, and Erv all sell them as standard material.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The speakers sold here are 8ohm, 1w... pretty much the best you'll find in that size. Novastar's is the same quality - only a a little bigger.

That allelectronics one is good but it's only half a watt. it sounds good with MRs.

Radio shack speakers suck... maybe a quarter watt... sound like poodoo

so, where can i find a decent speaker. sould finding something like a ipod station be worth it. i know those speakers are GREAT quality in sound and good volume. i posted the idea about 1-2 weeks ago. has anyone been able to experiment with that idea? i wouldn't mind knowing some results on that. may be better then chucking out $15 for a simple speaker when i can simply go to wal*mart and pay $5-$10. its only got a Hasbro in it so its not going to sound great to begin with. but i do plan on upgrading to CF (once i win the lotto, or manage to get cough up on bills, which ever comes first... probably lotto)

knowing you just built the most awesome saber... priceless. there are some things money can't buy for everything else. there's the Master Imperial Credit card.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Dude, the speaker HERE are awesome. If you set it up right... The reason those ipod speakers are good is because of the padding and measured resonance/timbre control.

The reason Tim stocks them is because they're the best - they're "expensive" because you're paying for quality.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Geez, some people just don't wanna listen........
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Let's just put it this way... I like the Speakers that are sold RIGHT HERE AT TCSS so much that I bought FIFTEEN in one sitting...

You are going to be hard pressed in finding a better speaker for the price.

Get the ones at the shop. They are perfect size and are pretty good sound quality. The IPOD speakers may not be 8 ohms. They are sometimes 16 or 32 ohms.

I do have those speakers from the all electronics link. I will test them out but you usually get what you pay for. If it is cheap, the sound is probably cheap too.

i have nothing against these speakers. i understand these are really good. but after the $10 shipping and having to wait a week, isn't there something local? if not. ill just probably wind up waiting and combine it with something i plan to order later i can't stand paying $10 shipping on $5 worth in merchandise

You could do like I did and drive 1.5 hours to a local electronics retail store and pay like $10 bucks for a speaker and 5 bucks for tolls and gas and come home and find out the speaker didn't work...

I've gone to several radio shacks and they do not sell speakers that size.