Thread: RE-Power level indicator

Default RE-Power level indicator

i'm looking to put a custom power level indicator in my saber, did some research on the forums and found all of 2 posts 1 with no answer and other leading to a over priced ($25+shiping) for a swich with one built in, if anyone knows how to make one from scratch, im looking for a 8 LED power indicator 4 green, 2 yellow 2 red schematic of any kind

FULL -> LOW
    [] [] [] [] [] [] [] []
    __green___|yellow|_red_|

found this. but its over complex

found something more simple. just a chip and few resistors and LEDs but its not for the right voltage and would take up some room being i dont have any project boards

anyone have any simple plans to make them, lets see them here
    ---------------------------------------------------
    best blaster refracting emitter... 450 Imperial Credits
    custom quadrinineum crystal... 1020 Imperial Credits
    droxsus catheum power cell... 400 Imperial Credits

knowing you just built the most awesome saber... priceless. there are some things money can't buy for everything else. there's the Master Imperial Credit card.

Default SImple

I have been researching that too for a 10 segment LED bar graph. Basically, you will need the proper kind of chip for voltage sensing that can output to 8 LEds. You attach a resistor to each LED on the ground side. The power side of the LED is connected to the pins on the chip. I think you gotta throw in a couple of capacitors for good measure.

Don't use the chip in the pic I posted. It is just an example showing the pins. How many volts will your power source be?
    Attached Images Attached Images

tested my battery pack today, even tho it's suppose to be 1.2v a cell @4 cells makeing it 4.8 its acculy around 5.1 volts fully charged

knowing you just built the most awesome saber... priceless. there are some things money can't buy for everything else. there's the Master Imperial Credit card.

Okay... One question:

How is the first schematic over complex? It's pretty straight forward...

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Morbius View Post
    Okay... One question:

How is the first schematic over complex? It's pretty straight forward...
    one thing is (S2) up in the upper right hand corner, I'm shore that's some kinda of switch. but one that iv never seen before, and the whole mess down on the bottom left corner looks like some kind of selector knob. but not exactly shore. and to re-calculate all these parts for 5.1 - 4.8 volts is going o be a headache
    was just hoping somebody had one already made for there saber and would like to share it ^^

I'm looking to have a battery level indicator on a saber I want to make as well.

They're all about as complex as the schematic you posted. Which is not really complex at all.

Your only other solution of course is to buy one, or have one made. Making one makes fitting the circuit in your saber easier because you can control the circuits overall size.

You should explore all your options

Maverick
    New people, read here first. It will answer a lot of your questions ->http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=6430

Erv has said he would start making more of his level indicators around the same time his CF boards come out.