Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: n00b! So you want to build a MHS saber huh?

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Use a set screw and you wont ever see it.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi-Taka View Post
    I've got a quick question as a brand new user to this: is a blade retention screw entirely necessary? I ask because I don't like the look it gives to my hilts and I prefer a sense of simple elegance to... well, overly sci-fi, if you know what I mean.
    Use a set screw so that it sits flush with the hilt, see above for the reason why.

*EDIT* Do'h, Fender beat me to it!
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

I justed looked them up. Those will work perfectly. Thanks, guys.

<3
    I came from cosplay.com, where this community is legend...I'm directing them here for all their Beam Katana, Glowing Ice Sword, and other Heavily Modified Not-At-All-Lightsabery starts...hopefully it'll mean less n00bs expecting it to be quick, cheap and easy at least...

PS: 2 years and this is Still buried in a forum within a forum? Criminal...
    tu·to·ri·al (t-tôr-l, -tr-, ty-)
    n.
    Something that provides special, often individual instruction, especially:
    a. A book or class that provides instruction in a particular area.
    b. Computer Science A program that provides instruction for the use of a system or of software.

Not to be confused with a locked forum that assumes you already know what you're doing and tells you in slightly bewildered tones that the blade goes in the front...no offense to Tim, but this is WAY more helpful.
    Last edited by Tyhm; 05-10-2010 at 07:23 PM.
    It's not supposed to be cheap or easy. It's an ordeal.

But if you're not here to make a light saber the hard way, just follow this guide and stay out of the way.

If you're lost, here's a directory of all the most pertinent threads - it'll save sorting through the rubbish, thank the mods for braving it for us.

If you have a question, there's a solid chance it's answered here. Not too much to ask you to check ONE page for your question before posting, is it?

Beware the dark side. Once you start down the dark path...... forever will it dominate your destiny.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Thank you Tyhm. I am glad it was helpful.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Hi all,

I am putting together a parts list with the help of this thread but for the switch I wanted to use one of those anti vandol switches that Jay-Gon talks about in his builds but I can't seem to find a latching one that doesn't illuminat or does it not have to be a latching switch? (the saber will not have sound if that helps with my prob)

Another thing I was thinking about (but at a later date) was installing a recharge port is there any thing I should know on that or is it pritty simple to do even for a nOOb?

Just trying to get as much info as I can before I jump into the fire. This thread is extremely helpful so thanks LDM
    Peace is a lie
    There is only passion
    Through passion I gain strength
    Through strength I gain power
    Through power I gain victory
    Through victory
    My chains are broken
    The force shall free me

Here's a current thread on the recharge port thing:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...788#post168788

Quote Originally Posted by Causa View Post
    Here's a current thread on the recharge port thing:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...788#post168788
    Thanks man that is extremely helpful.

This will proberly sound like a right nOOb question where for you will all shake your heads whilst tutting and then saying blooming nOOb plonker, but am I right in thinking that you don't need a sound board (eg. US2.5 or FX board) to have a recharge setup?

"Please don't flay me alive if it is a stupid question (LDM)" LOL
    Peace is a lie
    There is only passion
    Through passion I gain strength
    Through strength I gain power
    Through power I gain victory
    Through victory
    My chains are broken
    The force shall free me

Quote Originally Posted by Kel-Qui View Post
    Thanks man that is extremely helpful.

This will proberly sound like a right nOOb question where for you will all shake your heads whilst tutting and then saying blooming nOOb plonker, but am I right in thinking that you don't need a sound board (eg. US2.5 or FX board) to have a recharge setup?

"Please don't flay me alive if it is a stupid question (LDM)" LOL
    You don't need a sound board for anything except sound. But if you don't use a sound board you will need to make sure you have an LED driver, buckpuck, or resistor between your power pack and your LED. On the negative lead, if I'm not mistaken.