Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: n00b! So you want to build a MHS saber huh?

Just wanted to say thanks a lot for the step by step guide. It was really helpful, made a newbie like myself feel a lot more confident in being able to pull off my first build with very little trouble! Now just the waiting game for my parts to arrive.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

You are welcome my good sir. PM me if you have any questions.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Have to say, this was the first thread that i read on these forums and although i still had some minor questions...i see people everyday asking things that have been answered herein. There is true knowledge in this invaluable resource. Thank you so much for putting it together!
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Even with this there is still a TON of things to really think about before building a saber. I am still a little overwhelmed with all the things you can do to customize one.
    I am a Jedi that wears a suit damn it..... Wait, that actually makes me a Sith now that I think about it

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by BYRJE FOKAN View Post
    Even with this there is still a TON of things to really think about before building a saber. I am still a little overwhelmed with all the things you can do to customize one.
    Yes...this thread is meant to give you a head start on the basics only. Use it as a building block.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams

Thumbs up

Thanks LDM! This helped me alot when I built my first two sabers. I actually built them with no screwups!! Now onto more complicated setups!

A nice, solid YEAR of success with this thread! SWEET! Great job, LDM.

If you are visiting this thread AND you are new to LED sabers... AND you have not seen the very FIRST post: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...30&postcount=1

Otherwise... continue on your merry way...
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Wink

Query: Would any design changes be necessary, should one decide to use a seoul P4 instead of the Lux3 "spoonfed" to us in the wonderful original post?

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Not really, no
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Statarius View Post
    Query: Would any design changes be necessary, should one decide to use a seoul P4 instead of the Lux3 "spoonfed" to us in the wonderful original post?
    Nope, consider them "equivalent" for these simple builds. (good question though) and gimme back that spoon!