Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: A sad day for all Whovians.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Starkiller View Post
    What're you on about, you've seen the wardrobe. :P

I just don't think they've really bothered with the other rooms, but the door to get to them is there.
    Remember the olympic sized swimming pool and the abandoned garden? Those were the coolest things.

He did mention he had to eject some rooms maybe all he has left is the closet LOL

There has to be bedrooms and bathrooms too.
    It was just too big in there to only have a few left.

That garden was awesome. I'd like to see the Library too.
    And I think it would be great if they had an episode just inside the TARDIS where they got to pass through the old control room and the auxiliary room (with the tiny wood control panel).
    Yes, I spell it sabre. I just like it that way.

New to the hobby or LED lightsabres? CLICK HERE for a listing of the basics to get started!

Dictionary of sabre building terms

Remember kids, using Darth or Master in your user name won't make you cool.

I've seen them on youtbe, yeah, being a '90s kid, I've never really seen the original in it's full run, just the odd episode every now and again.

The TARDIS could have easily grown new rooms though.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnovan Sunrider View Post
    That was just plain ignored in the later seasons because it was generally universally hated.
    Because it was stupid, wrong and reeked of American studio involvement.
    I have a theory about the "half human" thing, if anybody is interested.

Lay it on us.

I'm thinking that the traumatic regeneration made the Doctor a bit delusional, and he got over it later.

New to the hobby or LED lightsabres? CLICK HERE for a listing of the basics to get started!

Ok, here goes

My theory is that regenerations aren't just intended to prolong life span. It's kind of an evolutionary thing.

If a time lord has to go into an area full of, say, a gas that is fatal to him, it's possible for him to regenerate into another form that can cope with the gas and ensure his survival .This is why it changes every cell in a time lord's body rather than just healing wounds and carrying on with the same physical features; it has to totally change him to alter him on such a level.

This explains some of the doctor's more drastic personailty changes. Regenerating into a form to cope with the poison from Caves of Androzani turned the fifth doctor into the sixth (Colin Baker), who was different from the first minute he was onscreen. It also explains the fifth doctor's last words, "I don't know if I'll regenerate...it feels different this time" (paraphrased). He wasn't sure whether his regeneration would be strong enough to develop immunity to the poison. It even explains why the fifth doctor wears a piece of celery to detect gases harmful to him, but none of the others do; the gases were only harmful to him in that particular regeneration, and were common enough for him to want a physical sign of their presence. Once he was done with it, he just threw the celery away (or fed it to Peri; I can imagine the sixth Doctor having a laugh at getting his assistant to eat a piece of months-old vegetable).

The injection of adrenaline the seventh Doctor received nearly killed him. He regenerated into a form that could cope with the adrenaline in his body (which, as an outside chemical injected into him, isn't regenerated into something else). The form he took as the eighth Doctor had aspects of human DNA, as a human body is able to cope with adrenaline (though the regeneration, as you said, was a close call - it left him with amnesia). Hence the Master's remark about the Doctor being half-human. When the eighth Doctor was killed, he regenerated into his ninth form, and the human side of him probably regenerated into something else.

One question I anticipate is why a time lord doesn't regenerate into a completely immortal form. I imagine there are limits to the regeneration power. I doubt any creature can develop an immunity to being shot in the gut by a Dalek's blaster. However, the regeneration energy heals wounds and then reforms the physical body to cope with any "hangover" poisons or toxins from the previous regeneration. This is why the tenth Doctor could use his regeneration energy to heal himself, then direct all that was remaining onto his severed hand.
    Last edited by Brackley; 10-30-2008 at 02:53 PM.

That sir, is damn clever. Probably even more clever that we're likely to see out of the writers on the show.

Hmmm...

The thing is though that even the 8th Doctor would be allergic to adrenaline, because it destroys the Time Lord regenerative system.

When Time Lords regenerate, it's because there current body dies, which is why every cell changes, because it's generating a new body.

Not a totally bad idea you have there though.

It's also been suggested that the Doctor is affected by the location or surroundings of where he regenerates. The 8th Doctor regenerated in America, and had a slight American accent (Apparently.) and The 9th Doctor had spent a lot of time with Rose, so when he regenerated into the 10th, the Doctor picked up that accent.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnovan Sunrider View Post
    That sir, is damn clever. Probably even more clever that we're likely to see out of the writers on the show.
    Clever? It was brilliant, fantastic even.

I'm a little bummed out that Tennant is leaving, he was great as the Doctor. His successor has big shoes, and skinny clothes, to fill.
    Last edited by WeirdoTransvestite; 10-30-2008 at 03:49 PM.

Red 6 Standing By

Cheers guys As Starkiller says, there are a few things to work out with it. Maybe I should switch from Star Wars fanfic to Doctor Who

Tennant was a pretty good Doctor. Quite a torch to pass on!