Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Force Unleashed

Question Force Unleashed

I just finished playing through the force unleashed and I thought that it was a pretty good game, good story, good graphics, etc. But, there is one thing that really bugs me. How is it possible that I can rip a star destroyer out of the sky but I can't pick up one of those tall robotic purge troopers. The databank says that they have magnetic boots but come on, are magnetic boots more powerful than the engines on a star destroyer? I know it doesn't really matter but it's just irritating. They try to make you think that the apprentice is this really powerful character, but all it takes in the game to beat him is a pair of magnetic boots.
    "Hail To The King Baby"

Default rare

maybe they are rare earth magnets? Those are stronger than the typical magnet..lol

Now I haven't played the game because I only have a PC, but I have read the book to the game. In that, the Destroyer (not finished in construction) was already on a crash course with the planet, and Starkiller just nudged the direction of its descent. I think that makes more sense than saying someone can pull an active SD from orbit against its repulsers and engines, then didn't have the power to simply crush every other opponent after that like a beer can.
    Yes, I spell it sabre. I just like it that way.

New to the hobby or LED lightsabres? CLICK HERE for a listing of the basics to get started!

Dictionary of sabre building terms

Remember kids, using Darth or Master in your user name won't make you cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnovan Sunrider View Post
    Now I haven't played the game because I only have a PC, but I have read the book to the game. In that, the Destroyer (not finished in construction) was already on a crash course with the planet, and Starkiller just nudged the direction of its descent. I think that makes more sense than saying someone can pull an active SD from orbit against its repulsers and engines, then didn't have the power to simply crush every other opponent after that like a beer can.
    Still, if I could just nudge something the size of a star destroyer I'm pretty sure I would be able to nudge a pair of magnetic boots off the floor.
    "Hail To The King Baby"

i agree with you since the story line is supposedly that Starkiller is stronger than Darth Vader Formally known as Anakin...but only slightly...i guess the devs never thought of that lil problem tho :P
    "Remove your helmet"
    "This is never going to work"
    "Roger Roger"
    "Uh-oh"
    "Roger Roger"
    *Blaster Fire*
    Commander Cody, Capt. Rex, Commando Droid(Epi. 3 Animated Series)

I think they wanted the visual image of someone pulling a Star Destroyer out of the sky, and shoehorned it into the game/story regardless of if it made sense.
    Yes, I spell it sabre. I just like it that way.

New to the hobby or LED lightsabres? CLICK HERE for a listing of the basics to get started!

Dictionary of sabre building terms

Remember kids, using Darth or Master in your user name won't make you cool.

Good ol' Yahtzee. I love his Army of two review (the blinged up gun bit had me on the floor!)

HAHA!!! Give GL that colouring book now!!!!!

The Star destroyer bit was pointless, I hated it. And Proxy. And how wet Kota was after he had his backside handed to him. And the different Stormtroopers, not just the purge, that were immune to the force. And the bull Rancor, everyone knows Rancors are Matriarchal, so none of that 'Felucia made it go big and pointy and bad' BS please (*looks over at Maris*)

I liked the level layout though.
    Roll on the DLC so I can get the extra skins & colllectable saber hilts whilst running around in the cool Sith Stalker outfit.

Favourite saber crystal - Gold.
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

LOL hilarious, best review ever
    "its supposed to tie the two trilogies together, but why would we want this, it's like tying your breakfast to a plague rat" HAHA

WTF? magnetic boots, what kind of an excuse is that when the purge troopers are standing on the ground with little to no metal in it? purge troopers and all other non-canon force-proof/lightning-proof annoying enemies should NOT have been put in the game because they negated your use of the force and killed the fun of the game, instead why not make the stormtroopers so they can actually hit the broadside of a barn door and put more of them in because that would be more fun and more realistic.
    It would have been better also to make stopping the star destroyer part of the game rather than a cutscene do it for you.

well thats my rant even thought there is more but i cant be arsed writing it all, anyway the DLC should be good

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Purge_trooper

They were made to combat Force users

I don't know...

If your NEW to TCSS READ HERE!! >>>>> http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...d=1#post108682