Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Official update on Ultra Sound 2.0

Default Official update on Ultra Sound 2.0

Hey everybody. I have good news and bad news, so I figured I would post it up.

I just received an email that made my heart sink a little bit, and I know that SOME of you are not going to be happy about it. HOWEVER it only involves a short delay on the Ultrasound 2.0 boards.

Since this affects TCSS as well as Ultra Sabers, FX-Sabers, and many other vendors. I feel that it is warranted that I post the Following.

The Ultrasound 2.0 was delayed again because of a manufacturing time-frame issue. Jessie From Nova Conceptions has stated that the boards should be another Five days or so until they reach him for final assembly. The PCB's took longer than expected to run off for this batch because the order for them was much larger than the original run of the 1.0.

Jessie should have the boards in five days time, and there is the possibility of another 2-3 week period before we see the boards shipping.

I would personally like to apologize to those of you that are eagerly awaiting these boards, and the announcement was made to ensure that everyone is kept in the loop.

I plan on updating this thread frequently if Strydur will allow it. I know I kind of breached etiquette here a bit by posting this before running it by Tim first, but I thought you guys and gals should know where your boards are.

Tim, I will send you the pertinent information as I receive it.

~Darth Morbius
    Ultra Sabers Tech Liaison

Default well

well i think you are in luck since lightsaber building generally is not a time sensitive issue. Thanks for the heads up and we will keep eagerly biting our nails until they are ready. Good things come to those who wait anyways!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by swear000 View Post
    well i think you are in luck since lightsaber building generally is not a time sensitive issue. Thanks for the heads up and we will keep eagerly biting our nails until they are ready. Good things come to those who wait anyways!

Yes, its really no biggie, If I can wait for my 5, I don't think anyone else will have a problem!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Guess I'll just have to work that much faster on my brother's saber - it's supposed to be a Christmas gift. (I think there's a UPS store here on post, so it may go that way instead of via USPS...) Nothin' like a little motivation, eh?

Thanks for the update.

Oh my goodness. I feared it was a manufactioring issue of some kind.

Don't you just love it how people don't tell you things until after they're supposed to be done? lol

*shakes head and shakes off cynisysm*

Well, I eagerly await more news on this. Thanks so much for the update Morbius, I think we all appreciate it very much.

Keep us posted man

Maverick

Posted by ultra on the FX-sabers forum.

Bottom line is 500 boards takes a long time to make and Nova Conceptions is behind schedule. We are not in the same situation as last time, we are actually in a much better position - all the components are here, nothing is defective, the plate is tried and true, and several working proto's were made ahead of time to make dang sure the boards work. I've got a proto in a Graflex that I used to make the video; I fire it up every day and it works perfectly. The boards are solid, it is just taking more time to actually flow, program, and quality test the boards than originally expected.

Master Yoda is in constant communication with Nova Conceptions and is keeping everyone in the loop. We'll see about having the factory ship us the boards as they are made so we can get them shipped a few days sooner. Might cost me a little bit more in shipping, but I'm more than willing to do that.

Overall we're in good shape, no major issues, again, it's just alot of labor that is taking a little longer that anticipated. Thanks for staying patient and the enthusiasm I see for this project has been amazing. It makes me very glad to see so many people so passionate about one of our products.

I'll post updates as I get them.
    butthurtz is a path to the darkside.
    Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to butthurtz. Butthurtz leads to suffering

Ah well.

Though I'm a bit disappointed, I'd much rather have a working board sent to me

So how about some free overnight shipping *ducks the flames*
    Momma in law: If this printer keeps printing the same thing I'm going to spit nickles!

Me: if you start spitting nickles I'm coming over with a bucket!

Default Update: 11-08-08

Ultra has given a small update, and it should be a few days before we know anything in detail, but the work on the boards is progressing steadily, so perhaps a week or two... It's uncertain at this time, but we are keeping our fingers crossed.

We want these out as quickly as possible, but also want good quality. So we must wait until they are done cooking before making any more announcements.

Sweet good to hear.

Thanks for the update Morbius

Maverick
    New people, read here first. It will answer a lot of your questions ->http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=6430

thanks for the heads up. i was wonerdering what was goin on. now i know. guess a couple more weeks aint no biggie.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!