Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ? on 2002 El Anakin

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Wow, how young are you, MoonDrgn?

The very first light up MR saber was EL. The Luke RoTJ EL saber came before the Anakin.

A friend destroyed his original blade to his EL Luke and I made an EL wire blade that he sort of partially destroyed to jury rig it to fit into his saber.

EL has always stood for ElectroLuminescent.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    Wow, how young are you, MoonDrgn?

The very first light up MR saber was EL. The Luke RoTJ EL saber came before the Anakin.

A friend destroyed his original blade to his EL Luke and I made an EL wire blade that he sort of partially destroyed to jury rig it to fit into his saber.

EL has always stood for ElectroLuminescent.
    Im only 41 years old.

I did not pay attention to lightsabers back when the first came out because I thought they were toys for little kids. So I missed the EL saber wave. But technically it is an antique because those sabers came out in the late 80s early 90s if I remember correctly.

This would be the first MR EL that I've seen.

btw, I have a lightsaber with a plasma blade. Too bad it is damaged and the board looked like it was used for spare parts.

PS> I just realized it said 2002 MR EL saber. Now I thought by then MR had started making the LED sabers?

I wonder what sabers I was thinking about that was late 80s and early 90s if it wasn't MR FXs...
    Last edited by MoonDragn; 10-28-2008 at 01:45 PM.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I don't know of any light up sabers that early, in the '80s or '90s, other than the toy Hasbros.

I don't know how long Parks has been around, or when Lightech started.

I didn't pay much attention to lightsabers myself, till around 2001, though I did have a few of the older Hasbro sabers.

I remember seeing kits for plasma sabers. I saw one in person, back in 2002, a green one, and damn! was it bright! It blew away the Parks EL sabers at the same Con where I saw it.

I believe the first MR LED saber came out in 2003 or 2004.

I'm sure someone around here can recite the intire lineage, in order.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Default 1st saber

actually Blue 8 i remember having the very first hasbro lightsaber when I was about 7-8. It had a green blade the size of a large wiffle-ball(sp) bat (circumference wise), non retractable, and the handle reminded you of a charter house(college) spanking paddle for pledges. It was the cheesiest thing I had ever seen, but when your 7, anything that has to do w/ SW was awesome.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by The One View Post
    yes I was surprised to see that it was an EL saber, thought they were extinct. Here is a picture of the box and saber.

Attachment 749

Attachment 750

Attachment 751
    No, not extinct! WTH do you think I have been converting? These!

BTW, I posted the link to the tut below for you.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Default Ha ha

Do you think you could convert mine....for a price? I almost have it apart (anakin EL) pretty easy. Is the 616 the model # for the build your own crappy plastic saber? I have one and hate it. Actually now that I have my 1st Double Maul Luxeon, everything else seems uncivilized. Also, a few months ago I happened to see that someone had taken apart a Yoda FX saber, is there mods for that yet? Also, I did a little soldering in the Navy, but I'm like James Bond, destruction is more my thing rather than construction. I have watched your video's 10 times today and could not make out the name of the guy who had the soldering tutorial, although I am not great at it yet.... I have taken apart my ep 5 vader, and the maul(battle damaged one the other side is perfect, now I see why he sold it)that has soldering screw-ups from the guy I bought it from.