Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Purple Saber?

Default Purple Saber?

Has anyone tried to use a blue or light blue color disc with a red Lux 3 to make a purple blade? How does it look? Or can/should you do it?
    "You've failed, Your Highness. I am a JEDI, like my father before me..."

-Luke Skywalker, ROTJ

I've heard not good results, though I haven't done it myself.

So far the popular opinion is to go with a really bright white LED and colored filters.
    Yes, I spell it sabre. I just like it that way.

New to the hobby or LED lightsabres? CLICK HERE for a listing of the basics to get started!

Dictionary of sabre building terms

Remember kids, using Darth or Master in your user name won't make you cool.

I wanted a red saber blade and have heard that the white w/discs are crappy when it comes to red blades, but I wanted the option to change colors to something else when I'm not feeling particularly evil...may just go with a Quick change connector on my led and wire up a second one with blue or green.

-Luke Skywalker, ROTJ

I think people have already experimented with RGB rebels with the red and blue leds it seems to have the best results.

Myself personally I'm gonna be trying a tri-rebel board with 2 blue and 1 red to see if I can get that perfect color for my mace FX.

Cool, let me know how it works. Also, what do you guys suggest for sound? For my first saber, I'm a bit scared to invest in CF until I get better at the wiring...so is the hasbro boards really that bad?

-Luke Skywalker, ROTJ

I don't think Hasbro are that terrible, especially as a first sound option.
    And right now they may be cheaper. My local Wal*Mart has those sabres for $15.
    Yes, I spell it sabre. I just like it that way.

New to the hobby or LED lightsabres? CLICK HERE for a listing of the basics to get started!

Dictionary of sabre building terms

Remember kids, using Darth or Master in your user name won't make you cool.

I saw that, too. I'm gonna pick one up and tinker with it, just to see how it works. Anyone know if there's any difference between the models? Does vader's sound any different from, say, Obi-wan's?

(Sorry, I know this isn't the sound board - but was just wondering and I hate to waste a thread)

-Luke Skywalker, ROTJ

yeah the force action saber (obi) isn't good for sabers I think you get what I'm saying
    Last edited by Count Malik; 10-28-2008 at 07:20 PM.

What's the difference? Is vader ok? And is any of the leftovers good for crystal chamber construction?

-Luke Skywalker, ROTJ

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by samurai_rob View Post
    Has anyone tried to use a blue or light blue color disc with a red Lux 3 to make a purple blade? How does it look? Or can/should you do it?
    That won't work. Filters only work with white light (because it has all wavelengths of light in it already). Basic physics tells us that a blue filter (something that filters out all wavelengths but blue) won't work with a red-only light source.
    Last edited by DizzyKungFu; 10-29-2008 at 11:58 AM.