Thread: $3.45 for 1000 mah 3.7 volt 3watt driver

Default $3.45 for 1000 mah 3.7 volt 3watt driver

title reads right. i have found a website that is a godsend to all saber builders
    and found a cheap... a REALY cheap driver that will fit most saber builds, and here i spent 5 hours building one myself... i could of just went to work and worked 15 min and took the cast to buy one of these, oh. and if you say that $3.45 isn't good enough for a driver.. get this.. THIS SITE HAS FREE SHIPPING! yea. its a great site and highly suggest anyone to visit, tho nothing can beat the custom saber shop for 99% of the stuff out there , the only downside is most of the stuff is warehoused across seas and some can take up to a week to receive anyway, here is the link to the pearly gates of internet heaven

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.7425

enjoy ^^
    ---------------------------------------------------
    best blaster refracting emitter... 450 Imperial Credits
    custom quadrinineum crystal... 1020 Imperial Credits
    droxsus catheum power cell... 400 Imperial Credits

knowing you just built the most awesome saber... priceless. there are some things money can't buy for everything else. there's the Master Imperial Credit card.

Default good find

good find. This was used earlier

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...hlight=AMC7135

Dealextreme does have some nice DIY flashlight parts and since a lightsaber is essentially a hopped up flashlight...well...you get the idea.

Check out these surface mount LEDs too. They are teeny tiny!

http://secure.llamma.com/catalog/ind...cPath=43_81_75

could you put two of these together to get 1400 ma? , or attach one it to a buck puck to get 1400 ma with constant current?

Would this actually work for a Lux III? I thought the forward voltage for them was 3.9V? This is like .2 volts short.

not shure. wouldn't hurt to try. its only $3.45 ^^
    ---------------------------------------------------
    best blaster refracting emitter... 450 Imperial Credits
    custom quadrinineum crystal... 1020 Imperial Credits
    droxsus catheum power cell... 400 Imperial Credits

knowing you just built the most awesome saber... priceless. there are some things money can't buy for everything else. there's the Master Imperial Credit card.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDragn View Post
    Would this actually work for a Lux III? I thought the forward voltage for them was 3.9V? This is like .2 volts short.
    Forward voltage varies on the LEDs. They go in a range. I showed on youtube a Red III that was 3.4V where the stated average is 2.95V.

Those kind of drivers are designed for flashlights that often have no regulation at all.

I once posted myself on the dealextreme drivers here. Some tried them and and the concensous was that they were okay when they worked. The quality was shoddy and you would be lucky to get half the current they stated.
    RED LEADER Standing by!