Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Look, it's the terrorism excuse yet again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hasid Lafre View Post
    Yeah good luck with that
    Whatever. Like everyone else says, this is NOT the place for such discussions.
    Momma in law: If this printer keeps printing the same thing I'm going to spit nickles!

Me: if you start spitting nickles I'm coming over with a bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie View Post
    I agree. This is a DIY lightsaber building forum.
    Then we should just have the whole misc section removed from the forums then.

Whatever. Like everyone else says, this is NOT the place for such discussions.
    No I am just saying good luck getting people not to say anything cause they will. What you want this place to be so controlled that you cant even talk about taking a poo?

I'm sorry but topics like this are going to come around and there's other topics that "you" don't want posted will be posted.

If you really want this place to be just about lightsabers then lets all have Tim remove the misc section completely and lets make it just like FX-Sabers before they got the off topic section. Be star wars only and if its off topic then its removed.

Hum I wonder what that is called.

This is the MISC section where anything can be discussed. Jesus Christ with a handbag full of pineapples
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

@Hasid

Sorry man, not trying to sound like I'm personally attacking you or anything (so hopefully it doesn't come across that way ).

Misc topics is one thing, but when it comes to topics like *this* I've seen time and time again that things spiral quickly out of control, and before you know it all kinds of racial slurs are being thrown, and worse.

The better place for a discussion like that would be over at Shortnews (www.shortnews.com ) (not that I'm advertising!). It's set up with a different kind of discussion in mind about news and the forums have all kinds of topics like this but thats what the place is for.

Its just best to not include this in the usual misc topics we see.
    Momma in law: If this printer keeps printing the same thing I'm going to spit nickles!

Me: if you start spitting nickles I'm coming over with a bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeQuadFive View Post
    @Hasid

Sorry man, not trying to sound like I'm personally attacking you or anything (so hopefully it doesn't come across that way ).

Misc topics is one thing, but when it comes to topics like *this* I've seen time and time again that things spiral quickly out of control, and before you know it all kinds of racial slurs are being thrown, and worse.
    I've seen far more topics like this be handled in a calm manner, than spiral out of control. We don't have the n00b and troll problem of other forums. I don't see why it won't be handled in an adult manner.

Red 6 Standing By

I concur with WT. This place seems to be one of the few semi-safe havens of the internet where trolling and such are not in abundance. I'm not advocating to prolong this thread, but honestly, I think if any forum could handle such a sensitive topic responsibly, it'd be this one.
    Last edited by GrimaOllak; 10-29-2008 at 11:52 AM. Reason: spelling
    "The sleeper must awaken."

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Whatever. I'm ambivalent. Do whatever you like.

I thought that a political discussion of that nature could get ugly, but WT and GO are right. We're intelligent enough here to keep it from degrading into a flame war.

As you were...

Default grrr

*sigh* sad truth is the damage has already been done. This kind of thing was years in the making. Only hope now is to pray to God that politicians don't make such disastrous decisions in the future.