Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Weird Problem with Corbin Driver

i would be too. glad that is. knowing ya didnt fry it. like that wierd thing that happened on my great saber. it worked just fine. got tims momentary switch in, installed it, worked fine. then sound quit, then worked, then quit, after a couple of teardowns, still wouldnt get sound, all the while the red led worked just fine. then i left it on shelf. went back 2 hours later and nothing at all.yanked it apart again. tested led, it was fried too. i have no idea what happened. but i was able to locate and buy the replacement stuff needed to rebuild it again. and i am using a hasbro 8 buck saber board. weird stuff, man.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Hi all
    I'm relatively new to this board believe it or not. I just read this thread about the trouble experienced with one of my drivers. I'm sorry I didn't see this thread earlier. A cut circuit would definitely cause problems. I'm glad to hear it wasn't fried. I'm sure that I've fried more of my boards than anyone else on the planet, and I can tell you.......a fried board isn't good for much.
    One of the most common problems I hear is people experiencing trouble when their saber is assembled, but not when it's apart. The culprit almost always turns out to be the C&L pins shorting out against the inside of the hilt body. Or using solid core wires that can only be bent so many times before breaking inside their insulation.

Corbin

Corbin@CorbinsComponents.com

welcome back Corbin, long time no see!

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...