Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Tainted candy in America!!!

My mom works in the xray dept. of the local hospital and they used to do that, but stopped because the new owners said it was a waste of film and was costing too much money. Gotta love evil corporations - money before kids!
    "You've failed, Your Highness. I am a JEDI, like my father before me..."

-Luke Skywalker, ROTJ

has canada pulled these products off the shelf? is it only USA that hasnt?

Wow, I haven't seen anything on the news about bad candy or a razor blade scare in years. I live in the US.

Then again, I haven't really watched TV in...well 3 years.

I do hope nothing bad happens to anybody.

Maverick

And people still wonder why cancer is on the rise? *sigh* Poisons and preservatives are in nearly everything that's manufactured. It's a sad fact, and one that will ultimately lead to many, many premature deaths.

Interesting, though, about the political implications of this. I'm not entirely convinced, but it sure would make a lot of sense in terms of our pharmaceutical and medical industries. It's pretty disgusting just how much money really makes this world go 'round.
    "The sleeper must awaken."

Won't X-Rays melt my chocolate?
    Momma in law: If this printer keeps printing the same thing I'm going to spit nickles!

Me: if you start spitting nickles I'm coming over with a bucket!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Heh heh, no, that's microwaves that'll do that.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Preston View Post
    Dude, what the hell is your problem?! One of my best friends had that happen to him. He can't eat or talk right, and you dare joke about that? I'm speechless.
    rob probably feels bad now, but it was a joke dude, cool it, the moment you get offended by jokes that don't honestly mean anything is the moment you lose touch.

Darth Devil... ok, so this would be my first "unofficial moderating"--let's NOT open up this can of worms again. Samurai Rob and Lord Preston are working it out now--LEAVE IT BE. Do not make Novastar angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

To get this thread back on track, I've told as many parents and friends as I can--some of which go "Enh? Huh. Haven't heard anything... meh" and that kind... whereas others take it quite a bit more seriously. I too remember some problems back when I was a kid. Many of my friends got sick this one year. I never heard anything about things more dire, but... maybe that was due to people taking PRECAUTIONS and being extra careful. You hear the horror stories when NOTHING is being done!

Any way you want to run with it--there is NO issue with erring on the side of caution. Especially when you consider it could be your life or a child's... an inconvenience or a serious health thing.

The point is simple: better safe than sorry.

And to me--there is nothing worse than a CHILD suffering from a MAN'S mistakes. It takes men and women to run a candy factory... and if for even one SECOND the president of that company thought that something bad was going on... it is not only their job, but their ethical duty to FIX THE PROBLEM. By any means, in any way.

I don't know all the details, but sometime back in the 80's or 90's, the president of the tylenol company had some scare, and he did not wait for the FDA to say anything, nor for anyone to do anything--he worked his position and did his job: and pulled every single bottle of the product off the shelves around the globe. Until they got to the bottom of everything.

It's too bad that this is *NOT* happening with these products. It's unethical, it's disgusting, it's careless... and it's even less acceptable when the product will mainly find its way into children's mouths / stomachs / blood, etc.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

i'm not a big fan of candy anyway but i always check the wrapper and if its come from a reputable source because of all the crap thats put into food these days and all the scares... be safe with your candy kids

...that razor blade thing has made me cringe...

Default dude...

where did your friend get the apple? i found a tac in a tofee apple i was eatin, didnt get me though i noticed it and it was like 2 cm away from my mouth. got it at the store, someone obviously pushed it in as they were passing, cant imagine why. kinda wouldnt have minded if i bit into it, would have been able to sue the store still woulda sucked a bit
    --------------------------------------An You------------------------------------------
    Name: Drew/ An You
    Height:short :/
    Religeon: buddhist
    Preffered saber colour: purple (Prrrpll YUM!lol)
    Favorite alien species: Twi'lek (Oh, yes. Wormheads. Twin tendrils off head. Females much yum-yum!) "ROFLcopters"