Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: MR Vader

Well I got my Vader in this week and I was wondering about setting it up so that the LED could be changed easily. Has anyone tried this yet?

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes. I will do what I must." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by james3

Well I got my Vader in this week and I was wondering about setting it up so that the LED could be changed easily. Has anyone tried this yet?

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I would not even try it, the led holder on the vader holder is different from the mhs led holder so you would have to by several vader kits to get spare led holders to change color. Then you would have to tear apart the saber ever time you wanted to change the led color. When you do your conversion you will find out that you really don't want to have to take it apart once you get it together. The best thing to do if you want to change the color of your vader saber would be to use a white 3 watt luxeon led and get Tim's color change disks. This way you can change the color by removing the blade and changing the color disk.

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...

The Brotherhood of the Sith

I kind of thought of having the blade holder just slightly downsized so it slid in and out real smooth and then ordering extra LED mounts.

You know what, the great big duh lightbulb just came on and now I must go smack myself around a little bit.

the quick change kits tim has will do that.

The Brotherhood Of The Sith

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by LanceM

Alright..Now for the MR. I thought it would take about an hour do it the conversion. Well, I was wrong, 3 hours later I had finally finshed the conversion. And I had problems...Thanks for all your help (all of you who post such great topics and tutorials) cause without you guys, I would still be swinging a flashlight

LanceM
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I've done 3 so far, and my time keeps improving, started at about 3 hours, taking time to fix the tiny wires I broke, by the time I did my third, it was down to 45 min. So like everthing else, practice makes perfect. [][8D]
    As far as swinging a flashlight around, you technically still are, it's just alot more expensive [)][8D][]

-Brotherhood of the Sith-

I have converted one but I have repaired several it doesn't take that long to break it down and fix it.

Do-Clo

well after seein how much do-clo got out of his converted vader on ebay, i think i may hang onto it and take that to the con with me. i might be able to sell it to someone there for a hefty penny. at least make a lil more profit on it. i think i will, once they see this heiland red/orange lux vader of mine. i think it will be big at the con. and after i pass out all the cards for corbin and tim, still waitin for ultra to decide, i should be getting some business to those guys. i hope so, anyways.

Ebay is strange sometimes things are good, sometimes bad but at least I made a few dollars and may pick up some people wanting conversions done becasue several have inquired about doing thier MR, so you roll with the flow.

Do-Clo

if i do what i said above, this would be a local thing for me. i might be able to get a few folks to buy one off me. and also get them to buy from the 3 amigos, lol you know who i mean. once i flash these around and all. if some folks are willing to pay good money, then i could start lookin seriously for MR's on ebay to convert, get the parts from tim and do it. or direct them with the cards to the guys and let them deal straight with them.

its gonna be a win win anyway i go. either i make a few bucks or the guys do. and i betcha i could get a good amount out of that Converted MR Vader ESB while im there. it will be for 3 days. so the opp's will come up im sure.

The trick is timing. Auctions that end late at night tend to go for more, at least in my experience as a buyer. Tthats why I bid on items that end durring the school day [8D] got a good anakin saber by bidding durring study hall.

{<font color="black">[[[</font id="black">(((<font color="red">o</font id="red">))<font color="gold">EE</font id="gold">[/<font color="blue">==============</font id="blue">