Thread: Tri-Rebels... we may have something.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cool Tri-Rebels... we may have something.

Hey guys, I may have found an effective set up for using a Tri-Rebel, I've sourced the LED's, the Battery pack and Reflectors for modding (I've also contacted acerocket about machining some custom reflectors)

This setup will work with a Corbin driver, BuckPuck. maybe a US v2 (12V Max?). Not with the CF until it can handle 13V or more.

Here's the source for the LED's: http://www.ledsupply.com/07007-pm01-50-3.php

Blue Specs:
    #54 lm @ 350mA
    # 114 lm @ 700mA
    # 1000mA - Max Drive Current
    # 9.45Vf - Typ. Forward Voltage 350mA
    # 10.2Vf - Typ. Forward Voltage 700mA
    # 470nm - Typ. Wavelength
    # 140° - Viewing Angle
    # 150° C - Max Juntion Temperature
    # LXML-PB01-0018 - Rebel Part#

Green Specs:
    # 150 lm @ 350mA
    # 285 lm @ 700mA
    # 1000mA - Max Drive Current
    # 9.45Vf - Typ. Forward Voltage 350mA
    # 10.2Vf - Forward Voltage 700mA
    # 539nm - Typ. Wavelength
    # 140° - Viewing Angle
    # 150° C - Max Juntion Temperature
    # LXML-PM01-0050 - Rebel Part#

And here's the battery pack: http://www.batteryspace.com/index.as...OD&ProdID=2576

It should get a good hour or so maybe more. Seeing as its Li-Ion its probably the only battery setup at this point in time, that takes up little space.

Reflectors: http://www.quickar.com/ims.pdf

With a little bit of DIY, these will work, a few members have done this before.

So, think it will work? I'll give it a shot myself soon enough.

Tell me what you think

Malaki

I don't know...

If your NEW to TCSS READ HERE!! >>>>> http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...d=1#post108682

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Let me know how they work and I will stock the led's and reflectors..maybe even the battery packs.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    Let me know how they work and I will stock the led's and reflectors..maybe even the battery packs.
    I soooo hope this works!

I don't know...

If your NEW to TCSS READ HERE!! >>>>> http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...d=1#post108682

Will those reflectors fit the triple rebel Endors? The PDF only seems to indicate them being used with single LEDs...or are you suggesting they would have to be 'modded' somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by Onli-Won Kanomi View Post
    Will those reflectors fit the triple rebel Endors? The PDF only seems to indicate them being used with single LEDs...or are you suggesting they would have to be 'modded' somehow?
    They would need to be modified.

Tim, There is a small problem with those reflectors. Most of them will not fit in the MHS bladeholders with the Standard Heatsink.

They work fine in the MR kits though.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    The LED's work great, very bright!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yeah, the reflector would need modding. Not good, because then you don't know what you're getting at all.

IMO the best way will be with the DIY PCB's available and the normal optics we have with the appropriate holders. I'll have to stick my money where my mouth is though... I need time though. It will probably be december at the earliest before I test that.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Good battery choice Malaki... hey, it's funny--I remember making a request of that company to put up that exact pack. At the time, they only had a "triangle" setup for 3.6v (x3)... I requested the 11.1v thing, not expecting they'd actually *DO* it... but... they did!

I feel bad because... I never ordered even one since I didn't end up using 11.1v... it was initially going to be for... my CF v2.61, hhahahah. Instead I stuck with 7.2/7.4.

Anyhow... everyone should understand that even though the specs say "9.45v" for the trip-endor... yup... 11v is going to be a LOT better (especially if you use a DRIVER), since it will be pointing more toward running 1A, not 350mA.

This is also another reason why I've found it very comfortable to direct drive "3.85 fwd v" Luxeons with "3.7v" Li-Ions. Because we all know the ACTUALS are more than that if you want the "max continuous current". X-Wing demonstrated something of this nature in one of his videos with a Lux III Red and a dedicated power supply.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide