Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hey everyone, new and have a new hilt on the way. What do you think?

Default Hey everyone, new and have a new hilt on the way. What do you think?

First off, let me say hello to everyone! My name is Sean, been a long time hard Star Wars fan for 13+ years now. So I plan on browsing these forums and meeting some new people.

Anyway, for Halloween I have a costume being made and as well I have a hilt that I'll be wearing as a costume prop. I only ordered a hilt, empty for now, I need it just for the purpose of eye candy and in time for Halloween. However after I plan on really making some use of it. So to show you guys what I hope to have next week, the hilt made for my costume:

And after the Holiday, I plan on purchasing the proper parts to make it look something like this:

And yes, that one is a bit longer, 15" actually. A bastard type saber I suppose both usable in two or one hand.

Anyway, what do you guys think?

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

Looks good, both designs look good, why not make them both?

BLUE 3- Ready

Quote Originally Posted by vortextwist View Post
    Looks good, both designs look good, why not make them both?
    Well, if I had the kinda money to make both at the moment, I probably would! lol

I hear ya, I have so many I want to make and no money. lol

I would get one done and luxed up and then work on gettin parts for the second.

BLUE 3- Ready

They're nice designs. I like the idea of having the Covertec knob in the middle for some reason.

As they seem to only share a few parts, you might as well make both.
    Yes, I spell it sabre. I just like it that way.

New to the hobby or LED lightsabres? CLICK HERE for a listing of the basics to get started!

Dictionary of sabre building terms

Remember kids, using Darth or Master in your user name won't make you cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnovan Sunrider View Post
    They're nice designs. I like the idea of having the Covertec knob in the middle for some reason.

As they seem to only share a few parts, you might as well make both.
    Like vortex was asking about luxing it up, and you're comment; They do share a lot of the same parts so going form A to B won't be so bad. However I spent a good chunk of change on the whole jedi get up.

But once I get paid again I will be buying the extra parts needed as well as the parts needed to make it glow and have some sound. Though that will be a good challenge as I A.) Have noooo idea on how to do it or what parts I need and B.) Have no metal working experience. meaning if it requires me to use more then a wrench or a screwdriver for a tool I may need to do some learner. I am really good with my hands though, so thats a plus.

ahh it's not that hard, my first saber was a vader conversion which in my opinion is harder then wiring up an US board or CF. there are alot of tutorials on here to help ya out.

BLUE 3- Ready

Quote Originally Posted by vortextwist View Post
    ahh it's not that hard, my first saber was a vader conversion which in my opinion is harder then wiring up an US board or CF. there are alot of tutorials on here to help ya out.

That seems to be the case. I'm not worried so much about it, im excited more then anything.

Nice design on both! What is the blade color gonna be?
    "You've failed, Your Highness. I am a JEDI, like my father before me..."

-Luke Skywalker, ROTJ

Quote Originally Posted by samurai_rob View Post
    Nice design on both! What is the blade color gonna be?
    Always been a fan of orange. The jedi costume itself is very dark, browns and blacks, but I'm no Sith, I promise lol.

And I just like how the orange compliments the brown and black colors. But I've been reading more on the forums, looking where I may to answer some questions and I'm just...

I'ts like scratching the tip of an iceberg. When I seem to think that there doesn't seem to be too much to this and then I see all the personal customization people do. For example, the 4 hilts with the switch hole pre-drilled are the only pieces that a activation switch can be put in. Unless you get a custom hole drilled on whatever piece. And seeing all the different styles and varieties of sabers, most with parts not seen here. It's all so big and expansive but I hope to be able to understand it, in time, and able to produce some awesome things.

I say all of that lol, because in regards to the second design I realized i have no hole for an activation switch. In truth I added a piece or two on there that I thought made it look good, but I am oblivious as to it's function lol. But in due time I suppose.