Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: blinking

Default blinking

My hasbro blinks for power up and power down. is way I can fix this? some connection on the soundboard I can break, or bypass or something?

{<font color="black">[[[</font id="black">(((<font color="red">o</font id="red">))<font color="gold">EE</font id="gold">[/<font color="blue">==============</font id="blue">

Sorry guy but that is the way the Hasbro sound board is designed. If you want it not to flash then you will have to add a second switch and connect the led to the battery through a resistor instead of using the sound boardto drive the led. You would end up with a seperate switch for sound and for the led. (I kinda like the flash though)

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...

So I'd use the 2-switch wiring shown in the schematics forum?

{<font color="black">[[[</font id="black">(((<font color="red">o</font id="red">))<font color="gold">EE</font id="gold">[/<font color="blue">==============</font id="blue">

How are you planing on powering your led?

Do-Clo

4AAA (6v, non-rechargable)

Are you using a resistor for the led or are you buying a led driver?

Do-Clo

I'm just going to use a resistor. I may convert to a driver when I get more money, but my hobby budget is maxed out.

Ok then you will need to use a simple on off switch for the led and then use a monetary switch for the sound board. If you use Tim's switches you could mount the switches side by side in a row then if your thumb is big enough you would be able to press both switches at the same time. With a litle practice you should be able to get the power up sound in synch with the led coming on.

Do-Clo

I've actually got an idea for combining the two switches. I think I can fashion a sort of slider-cover that would press both switches at the same time.

edit: I know that looks small, can you tell what I'm getting at?

Not bad but you have to remember that the monetary contact switch for the sound board requires to be pressed and released. If you fashioned your bar to press down on both switches then use a spring under the bar to push it back it should work very good.

Do-Clo