Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Corbin's Dad

Default Corbin's Dad

Hi all.
    I would ask for your thoughts and prayers for my family during a difficult time. About noon today (Friday), my Father (named Jess) had a pretty severe stroke. He is unable to speak or move his left side right now, but we're told many changes can occur in the next day or so. At this point it's just a waiting game and a time for all sorts of tests to see how much damage was done and how much of it is permanent.

Thanks guys

Corbin Das

Oh Corbin, I'm so sorry to hear that.
    My thoughts are with you, and I hope for the best possible prognosis for your dad.
    Yes, I spell it sabre. I just like it that way.

New to the hobby or LED lightsabres? CLICK HERE for a listing of the basics to get started!

Dictionary of sabre building terms

Remember kids, using Darth or Master in your user name won't make you cool.

Sad news indeed. I wish you and your family all the best and I hope you father has a quick recovery.

Sorry to here the bad news Corbin.
    Best wishes from my family to yours.

Very sorry to hear this. I hope all the best for you and your family.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Best wishes Corbin. Hopefully he'll get better
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

You father will be in my prayers, I pray he has a quick recovery.

Ohh what was that movie with the Giant Robots, OHHH I REMEMBER!

It was Titanic....

Praying for Jess and the whole family right now.

MC

Thanks everyone.
    We just got a call from the nurse that said they'd call after they finished his testing, but they said they can't tell us the results until 9:00 tomorrow morning (well, it's after midnight now, so THIS morning). I don't know if it's because of liability issues or what, but they won't tell us anything until 9:00AM. I suspect the doctor that's assigned to my Dad won't be around until then and policy prevents the nurses or whatever from telling anyone the test results.
    I understand policy, but why tell us you'll call right after the test to let us know what's going on if you knew then that you wouldn't be able to tell us anything? That doesn't make sense to me. It's just aggrevating.
    Since we left the hospital, my Dad has coughed up blood 3 or 4 times. He did that right before I got there earlier too. I can't see how a stroke would cause this. What I suspect is the hospital might have given him a blood thinner or something and he might have had an undiagnosed bleeding ulcer that's causing his stomach to fill up with blood. If he's coughing up blood instead of throwing up blood though, that's in the lungs. No clue what's going on in that case.

Anyway, thanks for the prayers. They are needed and appreciated.

Corbin

Council Member
    Jedi Master

We'll be praying here too.

They've made great strides in stroke recovery lately. If they catch it quickly enough, they can give him treatment to keep the damage from being as severe. Here's hoping the news will be good, and he'll be OK.