Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Corbin's Dad

Your Father sounds like a wonderful person Corbin, I do hope he's still the same man. His words "be true to yourself" echo in my head strongly, because someone once told me the same thing, someone who meant a lot to me, someone who still does. It may just give me the courage to do something I should have done a long time ago.

I do hope your Father recovers and is able to lead as normal a life as he can.

Maverick

I'm sorry to hear this Corbin...I have and will pray for his swift and full recovery and for strength and peace in this difficult time for your family.

Sorry to hear the news man, my grandfather had a stroke too, so strokes really suck
    You, your dad and your family have my sympathies and prayers.

Corbin, this kind of thing is really tough. Of course our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family my friend.

Corbin,
    Your Dad sounds like the kind of man we all aspire to be. My thoughts and prayers, like so many others here, are with you and your family.
    I am at Peace; for I know Emotion.
    I have Power; for I also have Knowledge.
    I have Passion; for I am Serene.
    I can embrace Mortality; for I know Death
    I am balanced through the Force.
    -Shadow Jedi Code

Quote Originally Posted by Corbin_Das View Post
    ...Anyway, my Dad is a cool guy that helped a lot of people. Not just me. He used to take me to soup kitchens to volunteer with him or to just go around and hand out sandwiches to the homeless with me. He used to go to auctions and buy a bunch of surpluss coats and we'd hand them out to people that needed them at shelters and such. This type of thinking inspired me to approach my Junior High school and ask about setting up a program where we took the left over food they didn't serve us in the cafeteria and arrange to have it donated to the soup kitchen we volunteered at. The school was able to right off a portion of the cost of the food expense and they got to help people out at the same time. I'm not sure, but I think the school still does this.
    Well there ya go... I (personally) say that it honor of Joe's father--and just to be in the spirit of the holidays--everyone donate just a LITTLE time (or a lot??) to a local soup kitchen or you know... canned food / low-income housing setup.

I used to do a lot of that when I was a bit younger, but I haven't in a long time... and Jennifer and I were thinking about doing this during Thanksgiving instead of spending it with the families and so forth.

I'm glad I asked Corbin to share about his dad... thanks for that Corbin, it was a great thing to hear!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Post huh

sorry to hear someone so close to you had such a terrible stroke. i shall meditate over this tonight and my thoughts shall be with your father, who sounds like a great man.
    --------------------------------------An You------------------------------------------
    Name: Drew/ An You
    Height:short :/
    Religeon: buddhist
    Preffered saber colour: purple (Prrrpll YUM!lol)
    Favorite alien species: Twi'lek (Oh, yes. Wormheads. Twin tendrils off head. Females much yum-yum!) "ROFLcopters"

Those are some simple, yet powerfully inspiring words. He sounds like an awesome guy!

My thoughts are with you and your family Joe.

Please keep us updated, and I hope for a speedy recovery.
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

All my best to your father and the rest of your family.