Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Let the battle begin...

Thumbs up Let the battle begin...

Well first off I'd like to say hello to everyone. My name's Dave (Reith) and i've been checking out custom made lightsabers for quite some time now. Ever since the first time I saw Star Wars I've been incredibly fascinated with the Lightsaber. By far my favorite fantasy weapon, other than plain old magic of course. Haha. I got an FX Saber a couple years ago and that satisfied my curiosity for a while, but I needed more!! It wasn't till about a month ago that I stumbled upon this site and it DEFINITELY sparked that curiosity again! Whether that's a good thing or bad, well I guess we'll see in time. Haha.

So now the question is, where do I start? Well, I'm a mechanical engineer so i'm familiar with many different types of machining tools. The only problem is I pretty much failed all of my circuits classes! (Dang you electricity and your mystical black magic!!!! ) Though I'm not very good at circuits, that's one of the most exciting parts of all this. I'm really hoping to get a better understanding of circuits with hands on experience.

After checking out hundreds of threads and getting a basic understanding of how the process works, i've got a few ideas lurking around in my head. But first I would really like to start out with just a basic saber to introduce me to all this. I've got a list of most of the stuff I need and I think I'm gonna start off with a PVC hilt, a thick polycarbonate blade, then just an LED and switch with no sound. We'll see what happens after that.

So that's great and all, but where's this battle? Well it's inside me! I have yet to decide......light.....or dark? My heart tells me light because of my morals, yet my head tells me dark because I understand the POWER! Whatever happens....I'm sure it'll be an amazing journey!!!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Welcome, and THANK YOU for reading! I started in the dark and was saved by my love of BIN1 Cyan LED's (after all a sith cannot weild such a pristine colored blade with such a dark soul...or can he...muuuuuahahahahahha...)

Crap, Preston is going to force lightening me again!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Ah yes, i too am in love with the color Cyan!!! It makes an amazing blade. I think I'll save that one for a more advance saber later on though. And I wouldn't worry too much about that lighting, from what I can recall, jedi should have some pretty powerful healing spells!

spells?? and jedi???
    hehe welcome to the forum dude!

haha yea sorry my bad, force abilities!

Welcome! But as we know, there is no power in the darkness only light. About the electronics. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it, and it catches on pretty quickly, so I'm sure you'll figure it out soon enough. And as for you, Dottore Matto, I will spare you this once.... just once.
    Last edited by Lord Preston; 10-24-2008 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Spelling error
    C:\Documents and Settings\Preston\My Documents\My PicturesThe cake is a lie.
    Official TCSS Noob welcomer.

Who could really go as far even to decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

"Once you get the han of it"? lol Han Solo didn't believe in hokey religions and ancient weapons.

I'm kidding, I know you mean "hang of it", but I could make a Star Wars related joke about it, so I did.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    "Once you get the han of it"? lol Han Solo didn't believe in hokey religions and ancient weapons.

I'm kidding, I know you mean "hang of it", but I could make a Star Wars related joke about it, so I did.
    You caught it! I got one in there.

Who could really go as far even to decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Preston View Post
    You caught it! I got one in there.
    Force lightening please!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dottore Matto View Post
    Force lightening please!
    You'll get some soon enough.