Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Finished my first saber :D

Default Finished my first saber :D

Mostly by myself, though I did ask a few questions here and there, and I did a TON of reading! lol. Well here are some pretty pictures!

Lights on and flash

Lights on, but no flash

Lights off... Ooooh pretty... Lol

And again, lights off zoomed out to see the whole thing.

I realized that a 40 inch blade was kinda heavy, and made it very difficult to wield a one-handed saber, so I added the ribbed extension piece for more balance and more room for two hands

I think I did pretty good for my first try What do you guys think?

Pretty cool. Those look exactly like my first pics, yellow blade and an unmade bed. Same color sheets too!
    Alderaan shot first.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Good job man, keep that one for posterity and get going on the next one!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Very nice work! What are the specs on that baby (i.e. what led, driver, battery, and so on)?
    "The sleeper must awaken."

Thanks guys! I'm gonna save up a bit of money before I start on number 2, but I plan on making a few of these babies

As for the specs, its a Lux III Amber, running off a Hasbro force Action Obi Wan, 6 volts from 4 AAA's (hopefully I'll be upgrading that soon for better runtime) and a resistor. I've got a few extra inches of space left in the handle, so I can add quite a few things if I need to.

And as for the bed, it looks like this all the time lol

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Two suggestions:

1) Try rolling up some cellophane gift wrap in that blade. It will make it look a lot more even.

2) MAKE YOUR BED!

Cellophane gift wrap? Like, just kinda stuff it up into it? Hmmm... sounds interesting...

As for the bed... I make it sometimes... but since I only use it for sleeping, I don't see a reason to make it all the time :P lol

Council Member
    Jedi Master

No, you roll it up so it makes a long tube, just like the blade film that's in there.

We get questions about this a lot. Maybe I should do a demo video.

I think that would be a good idea Obi-Dar. Making the blade is one of the few aspects that I still have some uneasiness about doing right.
    I'll probably just get a pre-made one to see how it's done properly, but a video would also be very helpful.
    Yes, I spell it sabre. I just like it that way.

New to the hobby or LED lightsabres? CLICK HERE for a listing of the basics to get started!

Dictionary of sabre building terms

Remember kids, using Darth or Master in your user name won't make you cool.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Its really not that hard, Go to Michael's or some other large craft store ( the Joann's around here didnt have it) and get the 40" X 100Ft roll of clear basket/gift wrap. Get a 7/8" dowel, sharp razor and a clean, CLEAN, CLEANNNNNNNN!!!!!!!! work area ( cause of static). Then measure out 4-6ft of cellophane, cut it cleanly and roll it up on the dowel nice and smooth. Stuff it into the blade, then use your pinky to unravel it so it clings to the sides of the tube. Voila!! Your're done. If you use anything smaller than a 40" blade then obviously you'd have to trim it down.