Thread: Stupid Noob Question about C-rings & Pommels

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Heh, beat ya!
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Thanks, guys and gal! Which set did you get?
    "You've failed, Your Highness. I am a JEDI, like my father before me..."

-Luke Skywalker, ROTJ

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    My favorite electronics store has lots of tools too, and that's where I found my set with interchangeable heads.
    So, I got one like in the link that swear posted.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Great! I'll check into that one, thanks!

-Luke Skywalker, ROTJ

I have a fun little story to share about these little clips. Gather 'round, children.

So my shipment comes from Tim, and I'm extremely excited (it being my first MHS saber). After taking all pieces out and assembling the easy parts, I take a good hard look at the C-clip. I whip out my trusty needle-node pliers, and behold! The tips just barely fit.

Upon trying to squeeze the clip to fit, however, it goes shooting across the room. I try again, and it nearly takes my eye out. Because I'm stubborn (and too cheap to go buy snap ring pliers), I repeat this process a few more times. Much swearing ensues, until finally... EUREKA! The clip is now in the pommel, and all is w-.... wait a sec... somewhere in the process of fighting the C-clip, the freaking insert has turned itself upside down!!

So, long story short, I ended up putting that C-clip into my pommel about 3 times before it was finally right, and I scratched the bejeezus out of the inside in the process. The moral of this story? Buy the snap ring pliers. Just... do it.
    "The sleeper must awaken."

That's it! I'm getting a set! I don't want to put out an eye! My first attempt with needle nose resulted in a nasty blood blister. That's enough for me. I'm sold!

-Luke Skywalker, ROTJ

Quote Originally Posted by GrimaOllak View Post
    I have a fun little story to share about these little clips. Gather 'round, children.

So my shipment comes from Tim, and I'm extremely excited (it being my first MHS saber). After taking all pieces out and assembling the easy parts, I take a good hard look at the C-clip. I whip out my trusty needle-node pliers, and behold! The tips just barely fit.

Upon trying to squeeze the clip to fit, however, it goes shooting across the room. I try again, and it nearly takes my eye out. Because I'm stubborn (and too cheap to go buy snap ring pliers), I repeat this process a few more times. Much swearing ensues, until finally... EUREKA! The clip is now in the pommel, and all is w-.... wait a sec... somewhere in the process of fighting the C-clip, the freaking insert has turned itself upside down!!

So, long story short, I ended up putting that C-clip into my pommel about 3 times before it was finally right, and I scratched the bejeezus out of the inside in the process. The moral of this story? Buy the snap ring pliers. Just... do it.

LOL!....Good story....you're a good writer.

Or try the paper clip approach:

Take a paper clip, unfold it, and then give it a round shape. Cut the excess, use standard pliers to bend the ends just a bit, and push it down the pommel... Itīll expand and fit near perfectly. My pommel insert has stopped wandering into the hilt