Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: i have a quick question, anything would be helpful

Default i have a quick question, anything would be helpful

ok so im about to order my first set of parts for my first el saber, and i was wondering, if these are the right parts, and yes i know that Tim already has a thread, about how to make one, with all the parts, from home depot, or lowes, i just need to knowif these are the right parts for my saber. and since this is my first ever order i dont wanna screw it up.

40" Blade in kit form - $41.49
    * Blue
    $41.49

1/4" Mono Jack - $1.85
    $1.85

Push on/push off switch with black button - $2.35
    $2.35

Sink tube blade holder for 1.5" tube - $13.95
    * Machined finish
    $13.95

Heiland head piece replica - $10.00
    $10.00

8-32 thumb screw 1/16" longer - $3.69
    $3.69

Sub Total : $73.33

The Dark Side will kill you
    www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Just get the blade kit, the hilt kit and heiland shroud. You will have everything then. Otherwise you'd be missing the inverter and tube (with the endcap). The button and screw would be unneeded then.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?

Want to roleplay in the SW universe? Visit:
    </center>

yeah but i already made a hilt for myself
    and also do u need the inverter?
    and also, if u wanna see my saber, its in the "post pics of your saber here" post by Strydur pg. 23

yes, you need the inverter for EL. The EL wire only works with ac current, coming straight from a battery will not work, the inverter turns dc-ac, so the inverter is necessary.

Don't forget the battery holder either. Gotta have power []

ok, but wait doesnt the 4khz converter come with a 9 volt battery pack thing?

You may also want the set screws (2) and I have found that there is a little varince in the sink pipes you get in the stores. I had a sweet little 1 1/2" Hilt that I ordered an emitter for and danged if it didn't fit but Tim's pipes are a perfect match.

EDIT: You may also want to get one of Tim's Endcaps since they are designed to be tap and screwed in and they are REALLY NICE!

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes. I will do what I must." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">ok, but wait doesnt the 4khz converter come with a 9 volt battery pack thing?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

You're right, sorry. I just bought a handle kit when I did mine, so i didn't look at the individual parts.

yeah lol

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by james3

You may also want the set screws (2) and I have found that there is a little varince in the sink pipes you get in the stores. I had a sweet little 1 1/2" Hilt that I ordered an emitter for and danged if it didn't fit but Tim's pipes are a perfect match.

EDIT: You may also want to get one of Tim's Endcaps since they are designed to be tap and screwed in and they are REALLY NICE!

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes. I will do what I must." - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

i have already made my hilt, just need the electronics, go to Tims post, about ur own custom sabers pics, in the misc section pg 23 and at the botom u will find mine.