Thread: Basics with MR sound board

Default Basics with MR sound board

Im just a beginning to do solder MR boards to basic Luxeon III kit. Does anybody have a wiring diagram I can use to put together Luxeon III and MR sound boards? Just a basic. Nothing complicated.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Um....not to be rude, but I didnt even have to use the search function to find the diagram/thread for this. There are several threads on the first page of this section that have diagrams, pictures, puppet shows, coloring activities etc................

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Dude, my home boy, you are making us SoCals look lazy! PLEASE check the section called "cutaway views and wiring schematics" or just use the search function! Tim (Strydur) even did an official one (which is literally 16 posts below this one)!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

I didn't make myself sound clear. Is it possible to solder the sound boards to LEDs without using this.

It seems that this thread, it shows the diagram using Corbin board without using the parts I'm talking about.
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=3976
    Last edited by Matakin; 10-23-2008 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Not making myself clear enough.

If you are running the LED off of a driver board then the wiring harness can be safely tossed into your bits box and forgotten about. The MR board will be for sound only and the driver board will take care of the LED.

If you are running without a driver board (or buckpuck or resistor) you need that harness to get the power from the board to the LED. You could solder directly to the pins but that's silly when someone's already provided you with an easy connection.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

If you don't have the harness, you can solder directly to the pins on the board. Is that what you are asking?
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams

That should answer my question cause that for that piece I've mentioned, the wire is about to break off and it's hard to get it back on. So I' thinking of getting rid of that.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Good! Glad we got her sorted out!