Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Crystal chambers

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Dude you are a crack-up...
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Default Spacers

A quick revisit on the idea of using two inserts and spacers as the chamber: Is it possible to tap the outside of the spacers? Basically, to turn them into hollow screws? I was thinking of making a crystal chamber, and using those spacers as the supports so that I could run the wires *through* the spacers to keep things neat and tidy. But, back to the original question, is it possible to tap things like that?

Good on topic necro post I think what you are after is threaded rod, but hollowed out. I haven't been able to find any myself.... but i figure it is out there...

*edit* good old Mcmaster Carr I think this is what you are looking for, or at least something like it...

With a hollow center, these studs are ideal to use as axles, vents, or passageways for wiring. Studs are made from 4130 chromium-molybdenum alloy steel. They have a black-oxide finish that provides mild rust resistance and some lubricity. All studs have a Class 2A thread fit and minimum Rockwell hardness of B90 but are not rated for tensile strength. Length is measured from end to end.
    Bold and italics added
    Last edited by Shadar Al'Niende; 06-08-2010 at 09:32 PM.
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Alright then, I'll have to look around for something like that. Thank you much, good sir

Added a link above
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Aha! Perfect. For a second there I was thinking "Hmm....close, but it's still solid..." and then I scrolled down and viola! Thank you very much.