Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Crystal chambers

Quote Originally Posted by eastern57 View Post
    Don't worry, I can translate...

Novastar says:

Dear Obi-Dar,

Thank you Obi-dar for showing me your crystal chamber. It looks very nice.
    Steampunk beeotches. big smiley

love,
    Novastar

aww, so sweet
    Hmm. I never say "dear" and "love"... so... arg, bad translation, hahahhaha.

Beeeeeotches. :P
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Just got the parts to start on my chamber! Will post pics as soon as I get to run to Lowes for the rest!
    "You've failed, Your Highness. I am a JEDI, like my father before me..."

-Luke Skywalker, ROTJ

Default Building

I am putting together some ingredients as well. These are parts from the LED housing on a vader force action before they changed to a tri-color (except for the crystal of course).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by swear000; 11-03-2008 at 07:33 PM. Reason: crystal

Pretty cool! I'm trying something using 2 pommel inserts. We'll see if it works.

-Luke Skywalker, ROTJ

nice! im using 2 pommels, both style 4 and 2 stle 6 inserts
    --------------------------------------An You------------------------------------------
    Name: Drew/ An You
    Height:short :/
    Religeon: buddhist
    Preffered saber colour: purple (Prrrpll YUM!lol)
    Favorite alien species: Twi'lek (Oh, yes. Wormheads. Twin tendrils off head. Females much yum-yum!) "ROFLcopters"

Well, it's been requested from a couple of people I put the design up for my led board that I'm using in my crystal chamber. You'll have to pardon the Paint sketch, kinda tossed it together quickly.

red's positive wires, black is negitive, I used a radio shack board that I trimmed to fit into a Sink tube adapter and bridged the gap between holes with solder. I'm going to have to make room for the wires to the LED in the future though. The switch is wired with a tiny connecter I found in a train/RC car/RC plane shop I visit, so I can easily connect/disconnect for maintanance. As soon as I get a camera better than my little 1.3 megapixel cameraphone I'll post the pics (though there isn't much considering the battery holder covers the small wires).

"Absolutely not. You're not going to the dark side on my watch. Do it on Luke's."
    ―Corran Horn, to Tahiri Veila

Blog Entries

Default My current crystal chamber project

Hi,
    Just thought I would share. This is my lightsaber Work-in-progress. I'm just waiting on funds to buy a sound solution.

Here is a shot of crystal chamber cutout.

Closeup of the crystal chamber cutout

Closeup of the Crystal chamber out of the hilt.

If your wondering why the color keeps changing, I put an RGB 5mm led under the chamber.
    Cheers,
    V
    -------------------------------------------

"To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk." - Thomas A. Edison

That is Beautiful! That is the best stand-alone chamber I've seen. What do you use to power it?

-Luke Skywalker, ROTJ

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by samurai_rob View Post
    That is Beautiful! That is the best stand-alone chamber I've seen. What do you use to power it?
    If that is directed at me, Thanks. If not, sorry for my vanity.

the LED is a 5mm rgb. It needs as little at 2.8v to light but 3.2-3.6v @20mA to get the best color blends. right now i just have a 3v coin battery attached to it. When I finish the electronics i plan to tap some of the power out of a 616 board to light the chamber.
    -------------------------------------------

"To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk." - Thomas A. Edison

Quote Originally Posted by vadeblade View Post
    If that is directed at me, Thanks. If not, sorry for my vanity.

the LED is a 5mm rgb. It needs as little at 2.8v to light but 3.2-3.6v @20mA to get the best color blends. right now i just have a 3v coin battery attached to it. When I finish the electronics i plan to tap some of the power out of a 616 board to light the chamber.
    And yes that was directed at you. I LOVE that chamber! I was thinking of using a 3v coin bat for mine, but can't find a way to connect it as a power source. I got it and a holder from an old Blood sugar monitor, but wasn't able to use the connectors. What can I use? This is the first time I've tried to wire up a battery that small.

-Luke Skywalker, ROTJ