Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Crystal chambers

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Dude, why not post some pictures of what you have and a drawing of what you want to do. I may not be a real sabertech, I just play one on these forums...buuuuuutttt, I bet we could give you a hand and if not, I bet we could direct you where to sell the parts you have so you can start over! Relaxxxxxxxx, all is not lost!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Quote Originally Posted by kinchar bamin View Post
    messed up. i thought i could do something that i couldnt. i ordered the parts to find that most of them were smaller than they looked in the pictures, i mean, why the ****doesnt tim tell us the size of this stuff. anyway theres all my money gone. was doing my paper round 4 hours a week for a year just to save up enough money. £120 down the crapper. no refunds, thanks tim. what a great bunch of **** im in. im never going to try to do anything complicated again ever in my life. really upset right now
    Been there..done that...post pics of everything you got. Maybe it can still be saved. Be thankful you didn't short an expensive circuit board by leaving a computer on during an electrical storm. Toast is toast!

My uncle had mood swings. i think i got them aswell. its sorta a psychological problem. i sat down and meditated for a while and realised how unwise i had been. so sorry tim, it wasnt your fault at all, all of the parts are of a great standard of quality. i need to learn how to stop blaming other people for my own problems. some pictures
    http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/a...Picture002.jpg
    http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/a...Picture004.jpg
    http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/a...Picture005.jpg
    http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/a...Picture006.jpg
    http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/a...Picture007.jpg
    http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/a...rystalcham.jpg
    http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/a...boy/emittr.jpg
    my problems are: making spacers, attaching spacers and making spacers strong enough. i thought i could make spacers and put them through the little holes in pomel insert 6 but it turns out that its smaller than i thought, so im going to get a clear, strong peice of tube to attach both sides and put screws to go through the holes in pommel insert 6 and the tube to keep it in place, then make it slightly more supported using the 1.5" sink tube to half cover the tube with the crystal inside
    Last edited by kinchar bamin; 11-23-2008 at 08:53 AM.
    --------------------------------------An You------------------------------------------
    Name: Drew/ An You
    Height:short :/
    Religeon: buddhist
    Preffered saber colour: purple (Prrrpll YUM!lol)
    Favorite alien species: Twi'lek (Oh, yes. Wormheads. Twin tendrils off head. Females much yum-yum!) "ROFLcopters"

Default Parts

This was the saber you were planning originally.

This is the pommel insert. What material were you planning on using as spacers?

I see you downloaded and printed a graflex style template for the top piece. Keep in mind that cutting that piece will take some skill so plan some time to do it carefully.

First thing I would do is assemble the MHS parts to get a rough idea on the length of the saber. Then decide where I wanted the crystal chamber to be and mark that area off with a Sharpie. I would then see if the sink tube fit over the MHS parts. Next, determine how long you want the top graflex style part to be and mark that length with a sharpie. Then wrap masking tape above and below the line so that when you cut the piece with a hacksaw you will avoid making scratches in the sinktube.

Plan things out with a sharpie whenever possible because you can always rub that off and start over again. Make sure you have distances measured exactly because after you drill or cut a part, there is no turning back. Main thing is to take your time. Even if you drill one hole on the weekend, be sure that hole is exactly where you want it to be. Custom sabers take more time because they have the potential for being better than anything you could buy at a store.

Quote Originally Posted by kinchar bamin View Post
    ...i sat down and meditated for a while and realised how unwise i had been. so sorry tim, it wasnt your fault at all, all of the parts are of a great standard of quality. i need to learn how to stop blaming other people for my own problems....
    At least you calmed down, got focused... and admitted your mistake.

Many ADULTS... will not even do that. So... full marks.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

In agreement with Nova, quite a mature attitude you're showing there. If only more people could step back, take a breath, and admit they were hasty. Heck, even I could benefit from doing that occasionaly.
    I'm not anti-social, society is anti me

Saber-carying member of the FSM,
    Barfly at the Intergalactic Kegger

thanks guys. well i gotta think of somethin to use for the chamber instead of spacers. i was thinking maybe using a strong, clear tube instead. what did xwing use for his clear saber? i think it would work great.
    (this is kinchar BTW if anyones confuzzled i didnt like my old acc name, lol)

TCSS Resident Annoyance
    NOOBS: Don't be annoying, thats my job, GO HERE

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

So your solution was to create another account? Can you delete you old account please? It would be nice if you helped us keep things tidy.

Quote Originally Posted by eastern57 View Post
    So your solution was to create another account? Can you delete you old account please? It would be nice if you helped us keep things tidy.
    nope i just hate the name kinchar bamin. how do i delete it?

TCSS Resident Annoyance
    NOOBS: Don't be annoying, thats my job, GO HERE

Council Member
    Sith Lord

PM Tim. He can delete it for you. I don't think he has it enabled for users to delete their own
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!