Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Crystal chambers

Not a lot of money after my last order yesterday, so try to keep suggestions on the CHEAP!
    "You've failed, Your Highness. I am a JEDI, like my father before me..."

-Luke Skywalker, ROTJ

5mm LED. Small, cheap and bright enough to illuminate the crystal. If you're making a chamber in which you are using a few screws to connect a set of washers try using a small 6/32 fillester head screw. They have small enough heads to allow you to drill them closer to the edge of the washers without the head overlaping outside of your washer outer diameter. Also, if you can find small aluminum or brass tubing you can cut to length your own spacers. The small stuff is usally found easy in smaller hardware stores like Ace.

Thanks!

-Luke Skywalker, ROTJ

Exclamation

Just got my order with the acrylic crystals and insert style 6 (I think) in the mail this morning! I think my Idea for using a couple of those inserts for the top and base for a crystal chamber will work great! I ordered a couple more of them from Tim, just now and will try to head to the local screw and bolt store (yes, we have one) to see if I can find the stuff to connect them together! As soon as I get all the parts (Prob. next week) I'll post some pics of what I'm doing and have you guys make some suggestions.

-Luke Skywalker, ROTJ

I used the inside guts of the Graflex to make the chamber:

Nothing fancy, thinking about how to make it look better.

Pretty cool...hope to have mine done in a week or so.

-Luke Skywalker, ROTJ

Cool pommls

if you get 2 pommels and put the inserts into them, then the spacers, you can easily attach the chamber to your saber by just screwing it in. may not work for my galen marek saber
    --------------------------------------An You------------------------------------------
    Name: Drew/ An You
    Height:short :/
    Religeon: buddhist
    Preffered saber colour: purple (Prrrpll YUM!lol)
    Favorite alien species: Twi'lek (Oh, yes. Wormheads. Twin tendrils off head. Females much yum-yum!) "ROFLcopters"

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I don't know if that would work like you think it would. Have you worked out the logistics of that? One pommel would have to be turned the opposite way to make it look symmetrical, and they are only threaded on one end.

Most crystal chambers aren't at the bottom of the saber, but more toward the middle-blade end.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

I'm just putting two sink tube adapters back to back and putting a sink tube to make it a bit more seamless. The crystal electronics are in the top of the hilt since the LED only needs the wire running to it. Here's how it's turning out so far...
    Last edited by Silent_Jedi; 11-01-2008 at 04:09 PM. Reason: speeling eroors

"Absolutely not. You're not going to the dark side on my watch. Do it on Luke's."
    ―Corran Horn, to Tahiri Veila

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    I don't know if that would work like you think it would. Have you worked out the logistics of that? One pommel would have to be turned the opposite way to make it look symmetrical, and they are only threaded on one end.

Most crystal chambers aren't at the bottom of the saber, but more toward the middle-blade end.
    No like this http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/a...er_render2.png

in this render the pommels are connected to double female connectors.
    --------------------------------------An You------------------------------------------
    Name: Drew/ An You
    Height:short :/
    Religeon: buddhist
    Preffered saber colour: purple (Prrrpll YUM!lol)
    Favorite alien species: Twi'lek (Oh, yes. Wormheads. Twin tendrils off head. Females much yum-yum!) "ROFLcopters"