Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Crystal chambers

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by samurai_rob View Post
    I was thinking of using a 3v coin bat for mine, but can't find a way to connect it as a power source. What can I use? This is the first time I've tried to wire up a battery that small.
    Keep in mind that I have a coin bat in mine just so i can take pictures and to test the look of the hilt...

They sell coin bat holders at RS. But for me I just taped the wires in place and wrapped the whole bat in tape so it does not touch the hilt wall. the final wiring will not use coin bat. I plan to power from 616. Batteries will be NiMH. I'm using Panasonic cr 2032 which are almost an inch in dia.
    -------------------------------------------

"To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk." - Thomas A. Edison

Cool. do you have the battery wired directly to the led or do you need a resistor?
    "You've failed, Your Highness. I am a JEDI, like my father before me..."

-Luke Skywalker, ROTJ

Blog Entries

no resistor. A resistor is only needed if the battery pack voltage is greater than the forward voltage of the LED. In my case the LED forward voltage is between 3.2 to 3.6v since i have 3 colors. The button cell only puts out 3v. So no resistor is needed.

Even when running a resistored setup, you get best efficiency when your battery pack gets as close to the forward voltage of the LED you are driving.
    -------------------------------------------

"To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk." - Thomas A. Edison

Thanks, Vade!

-Luke Skywalker, ROTJ

stuff still hasnt arrived. if it arrives after 30 days will i get it for free? no one wants a cold lightsaber
    --------------------------------------An You------------------------------------------
    Name: Drew/ An You
    Height:short :/
    Religeon: buddhist
    Preffered saber colour: purple (Prrrpll YUM!lol)
    Favorite alien species: Twi'lek (Oh, yes. Wormheads. Twin tendrils off head. Females much yum-yum!) "ROFLcopters"

Just hit radio shack last night and got some cheap led's. My proof of concept has been validated! I think it'll work! I'll keep u guys updated. I've got a trip to lowes tomorrow to look for parts and - if I can find what I need - may have some early design pics to post sunday to see what u think. Fingers crossed, everybody!

-Luke Skywalker, ROTJ

Unhappy

very sorry to all who had to see that. i have mood swings every so often for no apparent reason. so sorry. the only issue is with the crystal chamber and it is completely my fault. im sure i can find a way to sort it out. im not angry with tim im just angry with myself
    Last edited by kinchar bamin; 11-23-2008 at 08:23 AM. Reason: It doesnt help to come on here and start flaming me =) Try sending me a E-mail so we can discuss your issues..
    --------------------------------------An You------------------------------------------
    Name: Drew/ An You
    Height:short :/
    Religeon: buddhist
    Preffered saber colour: purple (Prrrpll YUM!lol)
    Favorite alien species: Twi'lek (Oh, yes. Wormheads. Twin tendrils off head. Females much yum-yum!) "ROFLcopters"

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Dude, this isn't the place to drop "F" bombs. Please edit your post.

All the measurements are there. Everything says "adds x.xx inches to your saber" and all the MHS parts except for chokes, some pommels, and some blade holders are 1.45" OD. If you had a question then you could have searched the forums. What isn't in the store description can normally be found on the boards. If it isn't, you can ASK. Most members have calipers and can give you measurements.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Language, dude. A word you used was not nice. We know you're upset, but no need for that one, here.

What parts did you order that were too small?

Maybe see if there's someone here that might want to buy them off of you.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

We've all made mistakes - learn from this one and press on.

If you truly are a buddhist, you must calm yourself, re-focus your chi - "and a solution will present itself."