Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Crystal chambers

im about to place my order for the parts
    --------------------------------------An You------------------------------------------
    Name: Drew/ An You
    Height:short :/
    Religeon: buddhist
    Preffered saber colour: purple (Prrrpll YUM!lol)
    Favorite alien species: Twi'lek (Oh, yes. Wormheads. Twin tendrils off head. Females much yum-yum!) "ROFLcopters"

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Ok. But that design wouldn't work, just as it is. You can't put a switch on there like that, not on a 2" extension piece, there's not much that isn't threads, and you can't put the switch where it is, because the heat sink will interfere with it. You also can't put a screw or rivet where it's holding the emitter shroud on.

If that's just meant as an example showing a crystal chamber made from 2 pommels, then fine, but parts of the design won't work in practicality.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Talking

I does seem to have a few flaws in the design, but I really love the theory behind it! If you can get it to work, it'll be awesome! Keep up the work and totally keep me posted! That is one of the best original designs that I've seen!
    "You've failed, Your Highness. I am a JEDI, like my father before me..."

-Luke Skywalker, ROTJ

thanx a lot rob. where do you reckon i could place a switch?
    --------------------------------------An You------------------------------------------
    Favorite alien species: Twi'lek (Oh, yes. Wormheads. Twin tendrils off head. Females much yum-yum!) "ROFLcopters"

Talking

Not sure, how are you planning on running wires between the sections? Are those solid bolts supporting the crystal or are you gonna use some kind of metal conduit? If you're not hung up on having a speaker in the pommel, maybe consider a switch in the pommel? I say you may want to order your electronics assembly first to see how much room you're gonna need and then modify the design around that. but that's just a suggestion - don't know if it will work.

-Luke Skywalker, ROTJ

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Are you actually planning to build this saber? Are you gonna cover the crystal chamber with anything? If I were doing it, I'd make a whole long sink tube shroud going up to the emitter, and make some cut outs in the sink tube so you could see the crystal. That will also hide the wiring from the battery holder that has to go up for the switch.

If you go to a 3" extension piece below the blade holder, you could put your switch in there.

This will have to be a simple saber, because as it is, there's not much room in the bottom part for anything but a battery holder. What are you going to light up your crystal with, and how are you gonna mount that?
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

I agree with JL, on that. You may want to think of a cover section over the crystal with a removable grate cover or something. Then, you need not worry too much about the wires. And don't feel bad if you have to add an inch or to in length - I'm having to a an inch to my center section because I didn't realize that I wouldn't have room for the switch I wanted to use until I got my parts and had it assembled! To quote the Hillbilly ninja from Youtube - "Ah,Practice ah makes ah Perfick!" (I'm from the hills of SE KY, so I can make Hillbilly jokes, OK?)

-Luke Skywalker, ROTJ

Talking

just bought, jeez £120.00 well my dads pissed off but oh well, he thinks its rubbish but i'll show him, i'll show you ALL!!! *ahem* yeh good luck 2 me and the saber render is similar to the saber that i'm making but half the crystal will be covered by the emitter shroud and the thumbscrew will probably go through the shroud, blade holder and blade. and the wires will run through three spacers that connect the parts between the crystal chamber. i will firure out how to put this together easy!
    Last edited by kinchar bamin; 11-02-2008 at 12:33 PM.

Good luck! Keep me posted!

-Luke Skywalker, ROTJ

Default model

made a model out of paper just to show what part of it will look like heres it http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/a...rystalcham.jpg
    http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/a...boy/emittr.jpg

and the crystal chamber will be lit by one of these babys http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/a...erboy/10aa.jpg theyre 5mm LEDs that change colour slowly.
    would this work? http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/a...aerrender3.jpg

Last edited by kinchar bamin; 11-03-2008 at 06:16 AM.