Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: color in daylight!

You might try Translucent Spraypaint for models. It goes on easy and hardens to where it will not scratch off. I'm pretty sure it has a bonding agent that combines with the plastic tubing. You should be able to find this at any good hobby store for $3-$4 a can. I put this on my outer tube as my diffuser was Mylar but I suppose you could spray your diffuser prior to putting this in the outer tube.

Below are pics of my Blue saber blade done with this. The good thing is it allows the light from your LED or EL wire to still pass through and if anything I think it makes it a richer color.

Tiberius172

Tiberius, have you comapred the light intensity between the colored/painted blade and a simple, diffuser only blade? Just curious

Born of Sith, seduced by the light.

Not yet. I just got in a Red and Blue LED from Tim so I will do a comparison and try to posts the results.

I would speculate that at night there might be a slight loss of illumination intensity with the colored blade but not a lot especially as bright as the 3w LED's are. In the Daylight, it's not really going to be an apples to apples comparison because you're going to have the colored blade that will showup "colored" even without the LED on. Hmmmm...??? Interesting.

TIberius

interesting options

John "JD"
    SL/TK-7768

...now you see that evil will always triumph...because good is dumb!

Another option to consider for color during daylight is to use a colored tube for your blade. This will give a nice looking blade without being lit and in darkened conditions when you light it up your whole blade will glow.

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...