Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: My new saber

beautiful man absolutely beautiful!
    ...YUP!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by vortextwist View Post
    I'm likeing it so far. not real fond of the huge T-grips (too bulky) but that's just me. if you can find them, the ones off an MR luke ESB don't stick out as far as the regular T-grips.

My guess is that with a saber that long and a name like "bubbalew" ... it probably doesn't matter

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

hahahaha, that is prolly true

BLUE 3- Ready

Yeah, I agree. It's one of the most original sabers I've seen. Awesome job man

Maverick

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickJsmith View Post
    Holy. Crap. Wow O_O That looks fantastic.

How do you people put those t-grips on in perfect six-sided patterns all the time? And perfectly vertical as well?

SOMEONE TELL ME?! @_@

Maverick x_x

Ancient Chinese secret!

Actually there are templates available at www.partsofsw.com that you can download and print. Sometimes you need to adjust the sizing and spacing a little though.

Another way is to use graph paper. Wrap it around the hilt, mark off where you want the grips and work out the spacing, then make a pattern and set your grips.

I actually said "Oh my God" out loud, how cheesy. But really it's beautiful. I;m combining Obi and Lukes ANH sabers so I;m partial to hybrids. Awesome job dude! Can;t wait to see it painted like your sig.
    Alderaan shot first.

Default Hahaha

Eastern, you are right. I am one of the big boys, and the grips are comfortable for me.

Maverick, Iused the grooves in the ribbed section for spacing and used the line made by light reflecting off the hilt for alignment.

Thanks for the feedback. I hope to get the painting done this week. After that I just need the electronics and it's good to go!
    Eventually you figure it out

A good start to answers to your first questions =http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=6430
    The road to knowledge lies in reading

Beautiful Work, can't wait to see it when it's done.
    - I must warn you, I'm very good at backflips... Flip Flip Flip, LAVA LAVA LAVA!!! Hmmm, seems I've overshot my mark.

Oh...*the tought sets in*...Holy crap THAT'S CLEVER!

Maverick @_@

Is that Acerocket's Obi TPM pommel?