Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: My new saber

I love that saber. Though personally, I was hoping to see a graflex clamp go on it (for a melding of obi-wan's saber styles).

I like your emitter! It's really neat. And nice job with the paint =P

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!

NO CLAMP!
    SHINY = GOOD too...

Love it, that is some stellar paint work... great balance, eye-catching, and the highlight and shadow tricks are great.

Serves me some lessons that... uh... well yer supposed to paint yer parts BEFORE you put in the electronics, ya silly N-Star, hahahah. I always get gung ho, build first, then later on think: "Hmm... paint could be nice!" hahahah
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Beautiful work! I like the whole design. I', mot a fan of the T-grips on sabers, but this actually looks appealing. Well done! ^_^

Default It Lives!!!!!

Well I finally got everything together and tackled the electronics. I had not done any electronics soldering before so this was a big challenge for an old plumber. Much more delicate! I used a Hasbro Obi-Wan FX soundcard and a P-4 white with Lee rose purple filter. All can say is I learned how to do this by reading everything on these forums. Lots of information and good people here. Now on to the pics!

Lights on no flash:

lights on w/flash:

Lights off w/flash:

Lights off no flash:

Hope you enjoy! The pics really don't do it justice. I also need to find some poly p to even out the blade. I am already planning the next one for my son.
    Eventually you figure it out

A good start to answers to your first questions =http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=6430
    The road to knowledge lies in reading

Nice. I still really like the coloring scheme on the hilt...it looks very elite. Good to see it all it up now!

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Fantastic job! I love the paint scheme. Congratulations on a VERY successful first build. You are no longer a n00b, pass on what you have learned;P

....Oh, and DEFINATELY get some poly p in there, you'll never do without it afterwards.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS