Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: required parts for new lightsaber

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

I ment no offence, just covering all bases.

BLUE 3- Ready

so what about the parts? if I want to add the recharge battery pack does that have everything i need to connect it to charger? and how much extra is all that?

one other question what does the bu8ckpuck do?

A buckpuck is a current regulator. It's like a resistor but actually puts out a preset ammount of current. It's more efficient than a resistor as well, so your LED will be brighter.

And the recharge port allows you to connect your saber to a charger. You have to wire it up with the rest of the electronics though, you should ask other people here about that, I don't know much about it.

Maverick

so lets say my ultimate lightsaber is all the things I've put together in this thread + sound board? how hard is it to accomplish?

Besides the mechanical aspects of the saber (design and contruction), completely possible. Wiring electronics is a simple thing, especially in lightsabers, sound board or not.

It's very straightforward usually, having a recharge port throws a wrench in that, though a small one.

Your design from what I hear is a common thing here on the forums. Your saber is not just possible, it can happen.

Just ask around like you have been here, you'll get all your questions answered. We're all here to answer them. Just post in the General saber construction thread, as this is a welcome forum

Maverick

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by jedi Xam'i Letsab View Post
    so lets say my ultimate lightsaber is all the things I've put together in this thread + sound board? how hard is it to accomplish?
    The good thing about the MHS system is that you can change your electronics at any time. I think that many will agree, START with basic electronics to hone your skills. Once you are good at soldering and actually understand the ins and outs of saber building, you can always go back and add sound to your saber. I guarantee that if you are not comfortable soldering, then you do not want to try to set up a sound board quite yet. If you are anything like the rest of us, this first saber will not be your last!

As far as this saber goes, I could do it in 15 minutes, but when I first started it would have taken me a few hours because I was not sure how to proceed. I read these forums for a few weeks before I ever even tried. All of the basics are already answered, including basic wiring questions. Just READ, READ, READ and soon, you too will be building complicated sabers with whatever features that you want!
    Last edited by Lord Dottore Matto; 10-21-2008 at 07:26 PM.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

cool thanks for that. the reason why I'm jumping the gun is that I have my 30th next year and I want to get the soundboard and all that jazz so that I can dress up for my b'day. it's a star wars theme. so yeah. and I want to have a decent lightsaber with sounds and clashes and I don't want to have to buy another lightsaber to do that. plus for us it's abit pricey considering the exchange rate and that the ozzy dollar is so weak at this point

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by jedi Xam'i Letsab View Post
    cool thanks for that. the reason why I'm jumping the gun is that I have my 30th next year and I want to get the soundboard and all that jazz so that I can dress up for my b'day. it's a star wars theme. so yeah. and I want to have a decent lightsaber with sounds and clashes and I don't want to have to buy another lightsaber to do that. plus for us it's abit pricey considering the exchange rate and that the ozzy dollar is so weak at this point
    That's all well and good, just order/buy the things that you eventually want to be in the saber and wire up the basics, then when you feel comfortable, rewire it to include the soundboard! Trust me, it will all work out for you!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!