Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Costume for 08' Halloween!!!!

Smile Costume for 08' Halloween!!!!

New here and I wanted to share with you all what i've been working on the past view months....

This is my new and improved jedi costume for '08!

the materal( ill try to get a close up next time) i used gives it the weathered look that obi had in ROTS so it looks kinda wrinkled when you see it in person.

The belt is a new deal i picked up from Ultra Sabers and I have to say, I am very pleased with it. Since im a bigger set fellow, I had to add an extention to the belt(not shown) to make it from a 44' waist to a 46/47 waist.

Saber is a broken fx rotj luke saber I've had. I hollowed it out completely but left the battery pack in so i didnt have see through saber from top to bottom. I also tapped and driller a Covertec knob on it so I didnt have to worry about the d ring or it falling off.

Boots are pirate which i picked up at a local halloween store for $35 bucks( on sale from $44 lol) but they work and give the costume that extra push in detail.

Cloak is a lighter/thinner materal but due to the dark color, you can barely see through it! Also the materal is stretch based and is very durable.

thanks for looking and comments are also welcomed!

Kris
    Last edited by Master Jedi Owen; 10-19-2008 at 08:35 PM.

very cool. did you go with the simple rectangle tabbard or did you do the Y cut? I am using a thicker vinyl and found the Y cut allowed it to form better. Next will be the cloth tabbards and I am not sure which way to go.
    Last edited by duncan29793; 10-19-2008 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by duncan29793 View Post
    very cool. did you go with the simple rectangle tabbard or did you do the Y cut? I am using a thicker vinyl and found the Y cut allowed it to form better. Next will be the cloth tabbards and I am not sure which way to go.
    its the standard full tabard which goes under the sash front and back like qui gon jinn's does in ep1

Sorry, I think my question got lost in typing. Is your tabbard cut in the shape of a 2 long straight rectangles that is draped over your shoulders or more curved rectangles, so when put on they look like a Y?

they have a slight curve to them at the ends so yea like the y shape lol

looking good. like how you got that nice V with your Tabbards.
    ...YUP!

I like that your tabbards look stitched under the obi. It really drives me crazy when people spend so much time and effort and money on costumes, but they overlook a little detail like that and the tabbards are either crooked or
    criss-crossed or on different sides of their body. I am not picking on anyone in-particular either, so please, don't anyone get upset. I just think it is a nice finishing touch. very nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by sekrogue1985 View Post
    looking good. like how you got that nice V with your Tabbards.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Titoshi View Post
    I like that your tabbards look stitched under the obi. It really drives me crazy when people spend so much time and effort and money on costumes, but they overlook a little detail like that and the tabbards are either crooked or
    criss-crossed or on different sides of their body. I am not picking on anyone in-particular either, so please, don't anyone get upset. I just think it is a nice finishing touch. very nice work.
    there is a trick i pulled to get them nice and straight all the way down is under the obi, I put a hook and eye on both front and back which holds them together.... call me a cheater but it works and looks nice!

Talking

You have a great looking outfit master owen!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaJoQuim View Post
    You have a great looking outfit master owen!!
    thank you sir...took forever but it is now COMPLETE!!!! lol