Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: It's been a while, but I have some news.

WB Bud!

It was getting kinda lonely here without you.
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.

The train is coming back in the spring. He's "too old" for thomas anymore. I was figguring on this so I get it back, do some maintnence on it and keep it for myself.

Maybe I'll let my kid use it too...
    Read the Thread Index. because Lord Maul fixed it...

WB Firebird... I'd be glad to help troubleshoot your CF... and hey--there's a Sound Font CD out now that I created. Check it out here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CXqVDgz3woQ

In addition to that, I've got like a ga-jillon more vids out there, many of which are on making basic sabers and also a totally "complete" CF wiring guide:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KR9r_lGYGoQ

So, enjoy... have a smile on your face from watching 'em... and good luck with the newborn!! woo-hoooo!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

The problem I'm haveing with my CFv1 is that everything seems to work fine but the LED is very dim. It happened all of a sudden last halloween and I haven't had the time to fix it. I disassembled it and found no broken wires or solder joints and I made sure the battery was fully charged, (that was my first thought).

I have not looked any further into it than that. It may still be something stupid, but so far all things are pointing to the board...

Council Member
    Sith Lord

That's weird. Maybe the LED is dying... Then again are LEDs like light bulbs? The time between working and dead is virtually nothing.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Test another led I agree with.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird21 View Post
    The problem I'm haveing with my CFv1 is that everything seems to work fine but the LED is very dim. It happened all of a sudden last halloween and I haven't had the time to fix it. I disassembled it and found no broken wires or solder joints and I made sure the battery was fully charged, (that was my first thought).

I have not looked any further into it than that. It may still be something stupid, but so far all things are pointing to the board...
    Ordinarily, when the battery starts losing juice, the sound will start to get scratchy before you notice the LED dim. Not your problem, just fyi.

But... it almost sounds like the current settings spontaneously dropped. Not to say it's common or even feasible - but with rough use (frequent setting changes, not rebooting board or card, bad file loads) some of the earlier versions have been known to partially erase some of the firmware coding... which creates problems ranging from the CF not recognizing sound files to sporadic LED behavior to complete inoperablity. Any of that apply?

Once Novastar reads the new posts, he'll be able to offer more/different perspective...

Sounds like you have been VERY busy! =) Congratulations on the little bundle!

Thanks for the tips guys.

Thank you SaberGirl, how's your youngling doing these days? It appears Tim is doing well...

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird21 View Post
    Agreed that you should try a different LED... this kind of thing has happened to me in the past, but only from MR conversions I did. This one Amber LED was getting kinda "blinky" on me, and it had nothing to do with the wiring/soldering. Faulty LED and/or it got damaged by my install/the optics(???)

It's true though that if the coil is damaged or grounding against something, it might be a problem too. I would take it all apart and test it without being in the hilt... then another LED. If the problem is still there, you might have a close look at the copper coil. After that... hmm, might be time to check in with Erv and have him see about the cost of an upgrade... plus, you could get 16-bit sounds and my CD, heheh!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide