Thread: Menu sound font issue

Default Menu sound font issue

Fiends can you help me figure out why I can get this backround menu font to work? Thanks!

http://www.badongo.com/file/11760506

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Hehe, I'm guessing that you "can't" get it to work, right? And yer darn right I'm a fiend - a lightsaber-making fiend... Yeah!! LOL!!

Okay, I'm done with that. Anyway, John, when you post questions, tell us what you've done to trouble shoot, [specifically] what doesn't work, what's happening, and what you want the end result to be - it makes it easier to long-distance diagnose. Know what I mean?

I checked out the sound - Did you have it named correctly? I noticed it wasn't named menubgnd.raw. The format and parameters were correct.

Quote Originally Posted by eastern57 View Post
    Hehe, I'm guessing that you "can't" get it to work, right? And yer darn right I'm a fiend - a lightsaber-making fiend... Yeah!! LOL!!

Okay, I'm done with that. Anyway, John, when you post questions, tell us what you've done to trouble shoot, [specifically] what doesn't work, what's happening, and what you want the end result to be - it makes it easier to long-distance diagnose. Know what I mean?

I checked out the sound - Did you have it named correctly? I noticed it wasn't named menubgnd.raw. The format and parameters were correct.

Again you solved my problem! I had no idea it had to be a specific name. Many thanks as always!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hootini View Post
    Again you solved my problem! I had no idea it had to be a specific name. Many thanks as always!
    Hmm. That's a pretty basic diagnosis... and would have been easily fixed by reading through the user's manual.

I recommend you take some time to get more intimately familiar with the functions through the documentation... you own a few - I'd say it's about time

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by eastern57 View Post
    Hmm. That's a pretty basic diagnosis... and would have been easily fixed by reading through the user's manual.

I recommend you take some time to get more intimately familiar with the functions through the documentation... you own a few - I'd say it's about time
    True, I tend to do things in a rush. My little Jawa's drive nuts when I'm on the PC. Then the wife yells at me (hoootini!) for being on the PC too long. Jeees! Parenthood.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Of course! I know how that goes. Some things [kids & wives] you just can't get around. Take my words for what they are: opinions and suggestions... nothing more.

Thanks for catching this Eastern... I saw the thread a bit late.

Yes indeed, every file MUST be named exactly as it is in the defaults in order for CF to detect everything properly.

I've done things akin to this before, so don't feel bad. For example, I actually named my menu sounds "1.raw, 2.raw" etc. instead of "one.raw, two.raw" one time!!! HAHAHAH!! It only took me like 2 minutes to see what I did, but at first, I was like... wtf? Then... it was like... OMG--why did I do that? What's WRONG with me?!?! hehehe

The other thing I've failed to do is to rename my OWN config.txt files when copying and pasting from my OWN CD. It sounds goofy, but it's easy to do since many of the folders on the CD say "config_Blackstar.txt" or whatever. Otherwise I thought it might be confusing as to what file was for what.

Still... I've been tossing around the idea of dumping that whole "config_XXXXX.txt" thing and just naming them all the way they need to be for CF... since the files *ARE* identified within the file itself, so... if you're ever unsure, all you need do is open the file.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Glad to see you got this worked out John. I hadn't gotten to checking out that sound until a little while ago. So many Sabers on the bench right now and so little time + shortage of parts (DOH!) = one very unattentive Morbo...

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Morbius View Post
    Glad to see you got this worked out John. I hadn't gotten to checking out that sound until a little while ago. So many Sabers on the bench right now and so little time + shortage of parts (DOH!) = one very unattentive Morbo...
    Thanks D, its always nice to hear from you.