Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: just an idea... sound theam

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

It's not hard to make a sound font:

Just pick out your favorite sounds from DBZ... then give me one thousand dollars.

-DONE-

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Quote Originally Posted by Phiily Manyaan View Post
    Keep in mind speaker capabilities. I haven't heard a CF in person and probably never will, but it seems to me the throatiness of a truck would be hard to hear in such a small speaker making it sound closer to a chainsaw as Nova said. Again this is coming from someone who knows nothing about CF's and prefers lightsaber sounds. Just my .02.
    I think that after listening to Novastar's "Blackstar" font, I can say that with a good resonance chamber, there should be no problem getting it to sound deep enough to sound like a truck. Resonance is the key here. When I remove the outer sleeve from my saber, and the speaker is basically just sitting out in the open air, it sounds like crap. When the speaker is sitting about 3" deep in a 13" brass tube, it sounds awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie View Post
    I think that after listening to Novastar's "Blackstar" font, I can say that with a good resonance chamber, there should be no problem getting it to sound deep enough to sound like a truck. Resonance is the key here. When I remove the outer sleeve from my saber, and the speaker is basically just sitting out in the open air, it sounds like crap. When the speaker is sitting about 3" deep in a 13" brass tube, it sounds awesome.
    Very good to know! Wasn't sure if it could apply to a speaker so small, I know such is the case in bass cabinets.
    Alderaan shot first.

One shoushand dorras!?!
    Looks like i'm gonna have to take the gloves off for this one! I'm mainly interested in what route he took. 1 of the reasons I enjoy dbz is the great sound effects of the energy. And since I heard of CF have toiled with the idea of adopting some of the effects for out purposes.
    "The Dark Side offers power for power's sake. You must crave it. Covet it. You must seek power above all else, with no reservation or hesitation." ~Darth Revan~

Chicken font!! fantastic idea!
    i think the talking saber font should sound like the depressed robot from Hitchhikers Guide,

How about a totally random sounds font? Every time you use a saber function, it activates a totally random sound, whether it be from another font or a bank of random sounds like a car door closing or like a toilet flushing or something.
    Alderaan shot first.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Dru-Er View Post
    One shoushand dorras!?!
    Looks like i'm gonna have to take the gloves off for this one! I'm mainly interested in what route he took. 1 of the reasons I enjoy dbz is the great sound effects of the energy. And since I heard of CF have toiled with the idea of adopting some of the effects for out purposes.
    pay him a thousand crayons instead
    ...YUP!

Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie View Post
    This is a pretty good point, and... it's just the facts of how sound works. Additionally, it doesn't hurt to have a speaker that is more "happy" with bass sounds for its dynamic range.

Overall--you will RARELY find a speaker with a tiny magnet (in other words if your speaker is REALLY flat) with any kind of bass "punch"... but you obviously can't go and put a 60mm speaker in a saber either. Like all things in life, you have your advantages and disadvantages. You just have to pick and choose sometimes.

For "darkside" sabers, I recommended a more "bass-like" speaker. For "lightside" sound fonts... you can use the 28mm ones found in the store. They work fine for most any saber overall ANYHOW.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

well. i have an idea that may save the light saber problem with sound quality and bass issue. changing out the speaker with one of those used on an
    I-home or other like I-docking station thing, is about the same size but of supurb quality, i built a mini sound system for my DS useing those and they sound wonderful, is a good example. those may be slightly too big. but those are the type of speakers I'm refaring to

Wink

quick follow up to the initial post : damn, windows sound font... Now I need to include a display on my saber so that I can get the blue screen...
    Oh, and you'll need a pillow on the saber also, so that the users don't bang their head of frustration !
    Props Electronics
    http://www.plecterlabs.com