Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: just an idea... sound theam

those ARE available for years, actually. Just made on request
    I have several of those used by saber choreography and performance. It's true that I haven't made a lot of those due to the specific use, but it's really great for a duel on stage with a big stereo. People really wonder if it's a wireless mike, playback / mimic or something else.
    Props Electronics
    http://www.plecterlabs.com

Oops, sorry Erv, hahaha... I guess I forgot that "0" in the available spot with the cart doesn't always mean they aren't there! heheh!

I think they'd be GREAT for a demo of two fighters, just not as much for a full-on performance with dialogue, timing, certain cues, etc. since you tend to want various sounds that ebb and flow with the drama, and certain bizarre dynamics that would be required at certain points. Additionally, sometimes (and it's inevitable) CF will indeed produce a "swing" where a "clash" would be and/or vice versa. Or sometimes not at all... and believe me everyone who knows me understands that I could not be further from "bad-mouthing" anything right now!!! It's just simply the limitations of how REALITY works!! Sometimes the sound is "matching" and correct... and the detection timing is near-perfect... other times... we have some timing that is off and there is not much that can be done!

Again... this is *NOT* a problem with electronics, it's just reality in what we hear vs. what we THINK we should hear a cause de la film!!

Also, you have your "accidental" presses of a button here when it shouldn't happen, a clash here when the jedi is "twirling saber" on his/her own, etc. ... and possibly the dreaded accidental shut off (which Erv and I have worked to make a failsafe for).

Still... I would be *HAPPY*... no, OVERJOYED to see footage and sound of this all working for a live show!!! Would be so cool...
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar View Post
    Everything Erv said earlier is DEFINITELY great about CF! It has certainly united a lot of folks saber-wise... I'm glad to be a decently large part of CF myself.

As to an EP III font, I'm really not certain about what I want to do. I certainly think that a Sidious font is in store, but... I'll be honest, I've only seen the movie like 3 times and I don't even have it on DVD (or VHS for that matter). But yup, I could certainly find a way (I hope!) to make it sound unique of Vader, Maul, etc.

As to an Anakin EP III, it may end up more like a mixture of Obi v Ani since... well, as some might know--when people pair up and duel in the films... the sounds are pretty overlapping.

Without some magic access to Ben Burtt's sound vault--which I would never expect in any way, duh--I'm not 100% certain how things will be pulled either... seeing as music supports them at nearly every turn.

Still... there is this new Force Unleashed game (again... I've not played it, nor really seen/heard it much). Sounds from here might become something people truly wish to hear.

Additionally, there is the new animated Clone Wars movie (again... I've not seen it, do not know anything about it).
    Mixed one would work Especially duelling with my Obi Wan.. a 'Battle of the Heroes' font , and for the Maul'esqe one you could always combine it with the Ep1 Obi to make it a 'Duel of the Fates' font