Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: UltraSound 2.0

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Morbius View Post
    Oh I completely understand the humor aspect, sheesh...

But I tell ya, if you saw some of the emails about this very subject that I have seen... Hoo-boy! Sorry if I seemed like I was getting out there, but y'all don't have to get so uptight.
    LOL!!

I can't even imagine the possible retardness that you absorb over there, dude. It bleeds over a little here too, but not anywhere the same volume or degree... sometimes I'm amazed you still have any patience left at all!

We're all a little uptight about this lol. When you hear "They're supposed to ship out the week of the 20th" to the average joe that means they'll ship to you on the 20th. So when you have that sitting in your head for over a month, when someone says "Oh um, yeah they're actually shipping to Ultra on the 20th", it kind of causes your mind to break a little

As for the carmell dansen trooper

MADE MY DAY

As I watched I thought, "Is he wearing Haruhi's armband?"

And at the very end you can see. "Oh my god it is! YES!" I said.

Thanks sekrogue ^__^

Maverick

Oct 28th :<

Oh well.

Was really hoping it'd be here for Halloweeny but the hasbro board in mine will have to do for now
    Last edited by ThreeQuadFive; 10-19-2008 at 04:22 PM.
    Momma in law: If this printer keeps printing the same thing I'm going to spit nickles!

Me: if you start spitting nickles I'm coming over with a bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Leximus View Post
    There will be 8 solder points as follows:

2 for the LED (pos/neg)
    2 for the switch
    2 for the speaker
    2 for the batteries (pos/neg)
    Exactly, same as the v1, and pretty much same as any other basic sound-capable saber as you'd imagine.

Subtract the speaker here, and you'd have a direct-drive / resistor-only setup...
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Just out of curiosity, anyone ever wire up a hasbro speaker to the ultrasound, and if so, how was the sound output?

I don't have the $$$ to purchase another speaker and I may or may not have an item to pull one from but in the event I don't have to I just wonder..
    Momma in law: If this printer keeps printing the same thing I'm going to spit nickles!

thats what i have in the vader saber with the US1 board. just make a small echo chamber and its really loud. mine drowns out any stock MR i ever heard. and i too thought it said they ship this week. oh well, guess one more week aint gonna kill me,lol
    Last edited by LAN-ED-TUL; 10-20-2008 at 04:03 AM.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!

It might kill some of us *twitch*

Maverick @_@;

EDIT: After some thinking, even if the boards ship the 28th, with the shipping I chose, I'll get my Ultrasound by the 31st at the latest *dons hateproof/flameproof garb*
    Last edited by MaverickJsmith; 10-20-2008 at 04:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickJsmith View Post
    After some thinking, even if the boards ship the 28th, with the shipping I chose, I'll get my Ultrasound by the 31st at the latest *dons hateproof/flameproof garb*
    I almost hope this doesn't happen, cause if it does I'm gonna have at least 4 of these to wire up on halloween day when I should be out trick or treating with the family. As much as I want the board, I would rather not spend all day halloween wiring up sabers for people.
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeQuadFive View Post
    Just out of curiosity, anyone ever wire up a hasbro speaker to the ultrasound, and if so, how was the sound output?

I don't have the $$$ to purchase another speaker and I may or may not have an item to pull one from but in the event I don't have to I just wonder..
    I've tried the speaker with the MR sound board. The speaker is just your normal run of the mill 8 ohm speaker. It is bigger than the normal speakers in MRs etc and will not fit in a 1.5 inch hilt.

Ah cool, thanks

Yeah, I have the speaker in my 2nd saber currently sitting in the pommel (drilled a few holes in the end to let the sound out) and for a Hasbro it sounds ok.

Figured I'd wire it up (or use the one from the other Obi Wan I had) and see how it sounds..if its good, leave it for now, and then resolder one later (though I think I'll do a quick disconnect...the great thing about where I work is the hardware guys are all ok with me using some extra wires, quick connectors, shrink tubing, etc..I wub my job).

Still hoping it gets here for the 31st but won't be too disappointed I guess.