Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The best hasbro board

Cool The best hasbro board

so I wanted to know in the opinion of the vets who have worked with them... which is the best hasbro board to get for a 4xAAA pack, with leads to the momentary circuit. I fried my 95' vader i think, and when i tried soldering leads to the board the circuit lines were so darn tiny and close i think i bridged em together. but hey i got my first led to blind the hell outta me yay! more than i thought id accomplish my first time out

We can only tell you what the best hasbro sound board is if you can tell us who killed JFK
    Momma in law: If this printer keeps printing the same thing I'm going to spit nickles!

Me: if you start spitting nickles I'm coming over with a bucket!

It was the Comedian, everyone knows that.

I'd recommend the board in the spring-bladed sabres currently on the shelves. It's easy to get them, they're tiny little boards and they have swing as well as clash sensors.
    Yes, I spell it sabre. I just like it that way.

New to the hobby or LED lightsabres? CLICK HERE for a listing of the basics to get started!

Dictionary of sabre building terms

Remember kids, using Darth or Master in your user name won't make you cool.

Default prewired ignition wires

do any of them have a wired connection to a momentary instead of the rubber button on the circuit board? I had a 95 vader and i its circuits on the board were too close together and i bridged em when i tried solder on wires

Talking

All of them now on the store floors uses a mom switch.

I've never used a Hasbro myself, but I have heard/seen them in various forms. My advice would be: just avoid 'em. They suck monkey flunk.

True, now that MR has lost/quit/whatever the license for the saber props via LFL... and Hasbro is supposed to be picking up the ball (but... nothing yet????).... it's like, wtf... now what... but...

I say wait for the US boards and/or for CF. Either will be worth it if you're making 1 to 5 sabers.

Now... if you're going to make TEN sabers or TWENTY or more... sure, use whatever you can. Preferably MR boards found on Ebay if ya can.

But for a SINGULAR saber? Nah, go CF or US v2 if you can.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Default $$$$$$

you guys all must be independently wealthy or something. you talk about MR US CF boards like they're 25-50 bux a pop.
    i spent as much on the empty hilt as i could have on an MR. and cf or us is as much if not more than I would on an MR. how do your wives let you get away with spending that kinda cash on make believe. mine wouldn't have it.
    eventually id like to get a us or cf, but ill ride it out with a hasbro. heck I'm already hearing bout how much Ive spent already.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by sithlordfaust View Post
    you guys all must be independently wealthy or something. you talk about MR US CF boards like they're 25-50 bux a pop.
    i spent as much on the empty hilt as i could have on an MR. and cf or us is as much if not more than I would on an MR. how do your wives let you get away with spending that kinda cash on make believe. mine wouldn't have it.
    eventually id like to get a us or cf, but ill ride it out with a hasbro. heck I'm already hearing bout how much Ive spent already.

Its pretty easy to justify a MR board (around $40 on eBay) vs. a hasbro board (around $25 with tax at Walmart) The others are admittedly more expensive, but I think that most of us responding have been involved long enough that we absorb costs with less grumbling than we once did! Our wives toe the line as well because this hobby is, in the long run, a creative outlet and no more expensive than any other! Good luck, but I have a feeling everything will work out in the sithlordfaust household!

BTW, I simply use my darkside powers on my wife so she does not notice all of the packages coming (translation---> I have them sent to me at work!) MUUUUAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA...
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

I am very much of the opinion that a Hasbro board can be better than no sound at all and can be a cheap way to have a functioning saber while waiting for better alternatives to become available. And with a good speaker and a resonance chamber they put out a fairly satisfying hum.

The Artisan boards are still very hard to get and cheap MRs are becoming rarer by the day as their owners are increasingly aware of what they are worth and saber builders are gutting the broken ones for the cards. It's sadly been a while since I have seen a lot of broken sabers for sale cheap.

Another point in their favor is that it's a good practice board, durable and cheap, so newer builders can get their soldering skills up to speed without risking a much more expensive and hard to replace piece of hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by sithlordfaust View Post
    Your wife and mine should get together and chat....I never hear the end of it when boxes start arriving, "What's this?", or "Another package".....BLAH BLAH BLAH. I haven't bought anyhting in a while just so I don't have to hear it...Beleive me there's tons of stuff I want to buy but I'm the breadwinner, she's the billpayer. Oh Boy could I go on for 5 minutes right now...