Thread: new guy with???

Default new guy with???

I found site this the other day and I'm hooked. Have looking, seen some nice pvc hilts. until I can afford to buy the metal ones I would like to build some pvc ones. 1st question how long should the hilt be so i can fit the eletronics in them. 2nd will the blade fit in to the pvc hilt. I been reading as many posts as possible and still looking. any help would be a big help.
    thanks tyree67

welcome to your newest and best addiction!!!!!

ok so the size depends on the electronics in your saber.
    if you are new these links will get you started

tutorial on ohms law!!!
    the saber building dictionary-a dictionary with basically everything about sabers!
    thread index-this is the thread index!
    the basic saber building tutorial-tutorial for making basic hilts!
    start here if new-start right here if your brand new fresh out of the factory never before opened noob!

Default Pvc

PVC is actually great to work with because it can be cut to any length. The hilt is usually about a foot long. If you are at your local hardware store, you can can find a copper reducing coupler which goes from one size to another. All you have to do is find one that will work with the size blade you intend on using. I am currently working on two but am having a little problem deciding how to mount the LED. Most likely I will end up drilling holes in a washer and mounting the LED on that. Electronic force action sabers run about $20 and will give you all of your basic sound effects and enough power for a LED.

When you decide to move up to metal, take a look at the basic hilt tutorial, it gives a nice explanation on how to build a basic hilt. You can add a sink tube overlay for cheap and you will end up with a really good looking metal saber for cheap.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Check out this thread:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=3266

You would have had a hard time finding a thread about PVC, since the search doesn't pick up words that are three letters long.

I have made six of these. I basically followed what Jay-gon did, which was to follow what Ultra did, which was probably to follow... Well, you get the idea.

Once you have the basic idea down, you can add your own embellishments, and make it your own. PVC is great to work with, and you can paint it or add stuff to it, and make a pretty decent looking starter saber without breaking the bank.

Edit:

By the way, welcome!

Welcome! I'm sure you will find all the help you need here.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Preston\My Documents\My PicturesThe cake is a lie.
    Official TCSS Noob welcomer.

Who could really go as far even to decided to use even go want to do look more like?

im thinkin of doin some hilts in PVC. just display hilts.

tutorial on ohms law!!!
    the saber building dictionary-a dictionary with basically everything about sabers!
    start here if new-start right here if your brand new fresh out of the factory never before opened noob!

thanks for all your help I have two hardware stores within a few blocks of my house. I also work at a computer company. so I can get some neat parts.
    Last edited by tyree67; 10-13-2008 at 10:24 AM.

nice and good luck!

tutorial on ohms law!!!