Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Blade for a non-luxon MR mace

Hello guys I am new here...
    ...I know a little about electronics and have built LED flashlights before.

I am in the same boat I want to convert my Mace MR LS to a Seoul LED and was wondering what type of blade holder and lens I should get for that LED?

Also another question can TCSS redo the gold finish on my Mace saber? I have worn mine off from the heat of battle
    But What if I'm a figment of my own Imagination?!

The Seoul LEDs, if memory serves, can use the regular Luxeon III/V optics set. All the other hardware you'll need will come with the conversion kit in the store.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by nemik View Post
    Hello guys I am new here...
    ...I know a little about electronics and have built LED flashlights before.

I am in the same boat I want to convert my Mace MR LS to a Seoul LED and was wondering what type of blade holder and lens I should get for that LED?

Also another question can TCSS redo the gold finish on my Mace saber? I have worn mine off from the heat of battle
    I don't think he can redo that brass/gold plating, but he could prob. powder coat all of the pieces in sun gold??? It would not look the same as when it was new though. I'd message Tim and ask him if there really is anything that he can do.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

kool thanx guys, and I will do that.
    Last edited by nemik; 10-11-2008 at 08:47 PM.

Hey I just found these and was wondering if they would work in the saber seeing as they are out of the P4 right now
    http://cgi.ebay.com/260-Lumen-High-P...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...link:middle:us

Talking

>> and so does this:
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Lu...r-V2-P230.aspx

The one linked above does not have sound. You can use in with another sound option like an FX board or Hasbro board.[/quote]

ah, cool this is probably what one I was thinking of, I may just wait until my next saber and use a sound card combo thanks though!
    Edit/Delete Message

will a k2 led work in the mace saber?

It will work, but I believe a LuxIII wll be brighter, as the MR Board puts out about 900 MA. That's pretty close to what a luxIII wants, but a little low for a K2. If you are trying to get that nice Mace windu purple color, I would try a Seoul P4 white with a purple filter. It looks really nice and its bighter than the MR original blade.
    Darth Fender
    Sith Lord

You over estimate my FLOWERS!