Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Blade for a non-luxon MR mace

Default New Blade for a non-luxon MR mace

Hi, guys, Well I am continuing the repair work on a display model mace I got.
    Already fixed the sound with a TCSS premium speaker from here. Now I am on to lighting. This is my first forray into sabers, so I don't want to do a full conversion yet, also, as I understand it there are no purple lux, and I want to keep it movie faithful. A few LEDs are black. I found an e-bayer that sells the MR strips in blue with a diffuser, and it is my understanding that mace is purple because of a red/pink film over a string of blue, so I plan on getting that to fix the lights.

However I also need a new blade as this one is cracked, I want to order one here, but I am not sure which will fit a stock MR mace.

I was also thinking of getting a tcss or corben blade, as opposed to the standard carbon, but is that a waste with a led strip?

any suggestions would be much appreciated!

The problem with the MR blades is that they are just under 1" so the blades sold in the store will be slightly to big.

The way I see it is, your going to have to dismantle the saber to remove and then attatch the new led string so you may as well just convert it! Buy the conversion kit in the store:

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MR...-kit-P326.aspx

and a Seoul P4 U-Bin white LED, which is currently out of stock, and add a purple filter. You'll be really happy with the results, I was.

Check this out. With a decent blade, Corbin film and a few feet of polypropylene and it looks brilliant.
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...2&postcount=37

Talking

That purple does look pretty nice. I am a bit hesitant to build a Lux in it since I want to keep all the sound and I've never done anything like this. I guess I'm a bit intimidated. I'll have to think about it, but thanks for your advice!

You can put a Luxeon in and keep the sound - there should be a tutorial floating around, if one's not included in the kit. Before I found this site, I bought a Mace LED conversion from Ultrasabers, and was pretty impressed with it.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Definitely convert it. It will actually be easier than replacing the strip!

you can even download the ultrasabers conversion instructions from their site which will walk you through it! (or I can email it to you (its a PDF))
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

ok ok, you guys are convincing me, I guess I need to save up a little more then...lol!

Oh also, I have seen some luxeon conversions that simulate the ingnition by flashing/dimming up and down on ignition and de-powering, is that something I can do with the conversion kit, or would I need another component?

The Crystal Focus board does it, The Ultra Sound board does it (both of those are also sound boards), and so does this:
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Lu...r-V2-P230.aspx

The one linked above does not have sound. You can use in with another sound option like an FX board or Hasbro board.
    Yes, I spell it sabre. I just like it that way.

New to the hobby or LED lightsabres? CLICK HERE for a listing of the basics to get started!

Dictionary of sabre building terms

Remember kids, using Darth or Master in your user name won't make you cool.

you don't need a new soundboard an MR mace can drive a lux III or a p4 white U-bin perfectly well, you just need to attatch all the colored leads to the negative output on the LED and the black one to positive. also the TCSS machined aluminum kit is in stock.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MR...-kit-P326.aspx